SMB Tennis thread (note there is a specific Wimbledon 22 thread)

Quality stuff from Kyle. Thought he might tighten up in the last game but was solid.

Svitolina had a shocker so that's my betting interest over for this one.

Incredible. Or hopefully not incredible, and just the start of a good career. Would be good to actually have a succession of British tennis players that genuinely challenge for slams rather than Andy Murray being a one off and having to wait another half century for the next.

Looks like another Nadal Federer final , them two must be laughing there backs off at the state of tennis, both way past peak and can still dominate and win slams.

Incredible. Or hopefully not incredible, and just the start of a good career. Would be good to actually have a succession of British tennis players that genuinely challenge for slams rather than Andy Murray being a one off and having to wait another half century for the next.

As an outsider watching him play, and I know how horrible this sounds on Andy, sorry, Kyle is so much more likeable as a player, too. The positivity he shows after all these years with the moody Scotsman is very refreshing.

Kyle Edmund to play Marin Cillic in the Semi-finals.

Much preferred match up for me.
Rather Cillic than Nadal (despite Nadal's injury).

Nadal retired for only the 2nd time ever in a grand slam.

Last edited:
Kyle Edmund to play Marin Cillic in the Semi-finals.

Much preferred match up for me.
Rather Cillic than Nadal (despite Nadal's injury).

Nadal retired for only the 2nd time ever in a grand slam.

Aye, it gives Edmund a chance if he plays at his best. Cilic will still be a strong favourite, of course.

Quality stuff from Kyle. Thought he might tighten up in the last game but was solid.

Svitolina had a shocker so that's my betting interest over for this one.

Yeah, that wiped out my Svitolina to win bet and her vs Kerber final which was the favourite outcome a few hours ago.

Pleased Caroline won though. I'd be happy with he vs any of the top half in the final now.

Back