SMB Tennis thread (note there is a specific Wimbledon 22 thread)

Fair play to Djokovic , suspect that’s the last we will see of Nadal at this stage of a slam , he looks spent and if he can’t get to the final on clay he has very little chance anywhere else .

The obituaries get written for Nadal, Djokovic, Federer and Serena that often you think people would learn :lol:

Just lost to the better player on the day, that's all.

Djokovic was better and dictated play, simple as that.
Yes the younger generation aren’t exactly pulling up trees, so could be at least another 5/6 years of Djokovic/nadal, federer probably only got 2 years, he’s 40 in august and will probably only have a chance a Wimbledon because of the shorter points

Tsitsipas is getting that ball spitting up off the surface with spin that Nadal didn't get because of the sun, great set to win that after how nervy he started.

Watching the internet go into meltdown every time he wins a Grand Slam is always fun.

Two sets down against Musetti, a set down against Rafa and two sets down against Tsitsipas playing like shite and they still can't beat him :lol

He will probably win all 4 slams this year , has no real competition at Wimbledon unless Federer can somehow pull off a miracle at 40 year old. Nadal is no danger anymore , up to one of the youngsters to finally properly challenge and win a slam but they are all shite on grass. He has never dominated the US but he will still be the one to beat .

Last edited:
Tsitsipas put in a superb effort in his first slam final especially since he found out his grandma had died 5 minutes before his match started.
As for Djokovic, as much as I hate him, got to respect what he achieved this week, beating Nadal then coming back from 2 sets down in the final.
Fair play to Djokovic , suspect that’s the last we will see of Nadal at this stage of a slam , he looks spent and if he can’t get to the final on clay he has very little chance anywhere else .
As for Nadal, it was noticeable in Australia against Tsitsipas that he started to fatigue towards the end of the 4th set and again here against Djokovic at the end of the 3rd.
I think Nadal's endurance levels are going and that if you can drag him past 3.5 hours he will start to fatigue.....of course actually doing that is pretty difficult but given Medvedev, Tsitsipas, Thiem and Zverev are all getting closer,
come the business end of the slams Nadal won't be able to do what Djokovic just did which is play x2 4h out 11minute matches back to back, he will gas out imo.
Will this happen to Djokovic come next year...

Last edited:
Tsitsipas put in a superb effort in his first slam final especially since he found out his grandma had died 5 minutes before his match started.
As for Djokovic, as much as I hate him, got to respect what he achieved this week, beating Nadal then coming back from 2 sets down in the final.

As for Nadal, it was noticeable in Australia against Tsitsipas that he started to fatigue towards the end of the 4th set and again here against Djokovic at the end of the 3rd.
I think Nadal's endurance levels are going and that if you can drag him past 3.5 hours he will start to fatigue.....of course actually doing that is pretty difficult but given Medvedev, Tsitsipas, Thiem and Zverev are all getting closer,
come the business end of the slams Nadal won't be able to do what Djokovic just did which is play x2 4h out 11minute matches back to back, he will gas out imo.
Will this happen to Djokovic come next year...

That’s the issue with Nadal I agree , don’t care what people say about how well Djokovic played against him on Friday , Nadal Dosnt lose that match if he hasn’t declined this year , look how easy he beat him in the final only 8 months ago. ,he just isn’t as fit as he was or have the endurance , he looks really slow now at times also, he is only going to decline even further from here .
Djokovic has a totally different build to Nadal so think he might get away with it for a bit longer .

Anyone trying to get tickets? I’m in the queue and it’s gone down from 62k to 47k quite quick. can’t tell if I’ll be given a choice or if it’s the day I clicked on

Got in, but only singles available for the date we could go. Wouldn’t let me choose two singles. Refreshed back to 120,000th in the queue and now nothing left.
Anyone trying to get tickets? I’m in the queue and it’s gone down from 62k to 47k quite quick. can’t tell if I’ll be given a choice or if it’s the day I clicked on
Good luck

Shame about Rafa pulling out, had a little punt on him at 12's to win Wimbledon. Thought he had a decent chance. Tsitsipas being second favourite currently is the worst value bet you'll see all year.

Berrettini at 50's my only one now, should be fourth or fifth favourite at most. Fed available at 10's would look more appealing if he didn't get blasted off the court by Felix yesterday.

Got in, but only singles available for the date we could go. Wouldn’t let me choose two singles. Refreshed back to 120,000th in the queue and now nothing left.

Good luck

i got in and then my mate said he needs to give so much notice for holidays at work so couldn’t do during the week. Got court 1 on the first sat and then realised England could be in the quarter finals that day so didn’t bother

Only way Djokovic gets beat at Wimbledon is if he gets blasted off court by a serve bot, none of the so called next gen can play on grass, Federer can probably still make the final based on how bad everyone else is on grass but surely now he cant beat Djokovic at 40 year old after major surgery.

Last edited:
Absolute shambles trying to get tickets, ticketmaster crashed whilst processing payment then kept saying my code had been used despite having 0 tickets.
Thankfully managed to get 2x single tickets on my partner's (no) account, same day but different courts :oops: :lol:

Gutted about Nadal as like an earlier poster I quite fancied him for the title of as Djokovics only legitimate challenge and again he is correct that Berretini is probably the only good value bet outside djokovic.

Federers return game was non existent yesterday winning just 12 points against serve, movement was gone by the 3rd set too...his post match comments 'didn't want to make any silly decisions' hinted that all is not well and that he's not happy with either his fitness or game of both right now.
He is nearing the end and it is sad to see.
Shame about Rafa pulling out, had a little punt on him at 12's to win Wimbledon. Thought he had a decent chance. Tsitsipas being second favourite currently is the worst value bet you'll see all year.

Berrettini at 50's my only one now, should be fourth or fifth favourite at most. Fed available at 10's would look more appealing if he didn't get blasted off the court by Felix yesterday.
Just quoting you for the recognition as agree on all points
Nadal out of Wimbledon and the Olympics.
Must be a pretty serious injury to rule him out for 6 weeks, I saw him mentioning the short turnaround for Wimbledon and could just about understand needing more than 2 weeks rest at his he but taking 6 weeks and skipping x2 major tournaments where he would be top 3 favourite for the title suggests something more serious then he's letting on.
*his age

Last edited:

Back