SMB Tennis thread (note there is a specific Wimbledon 22 thread)

Hopefully it shows the brits

Looks like they are showing 5 of the courts and it just seems to be pot luck as to who will be on - there doesn't seem to be too much logic for the matches being picked for the streamed courts.

Only 1 Brit is playing today (there's 5 tomorrow), Naiktha Bains, and she is on first at 4pm and there is a stream for that, but she is the lowest ranked Brit of the 6, and in terrible form, so I'm not expecting too much from her.

Last edited:

Looks like they are showing 5 of the courts and it just seems to be pot luck as to who will be on - there doesn't seem to be too much logic for the matches being picked for the streamed courts.

Only 1 Brit is playing today (there's 5 tomorrow), Naiktha Bains, and she is on first at 4pm and there is a stream for that, but she is the lowest ranked Brit of the 6, and in terrible form, so I'm not expecting too much from her.

Looks like she was soundly beaten today.

Quals haven't gone the best so far. Watson, Swan and Bains all out as well as Clarke in the men. Only Dart and Ward remain, and both will be up against it to qualify, probably even to make the final qualifying round.

It's safe to say that the women's picture has deteriorated drastically this past year or so - it was looking reasonably promising around Wimbledon last year, but Konta aside, the situation is pretty dire and doesn't look like changing in the near to mid future.

Quals haven't gone the best so far. Watson, Swan and Bains all out as well as Clarke in the men. Only Dart and Ward remain, and both will be up against it to qualify, probably even to make the final qualifying round.

It's safe to say that the women's picture has deteriorated drastically this past year or so - it was looking reasonably promising around Wimbledon last year, but Konta aside, the situation is pretty dire and doesn't look like changing in the near to mid future.

I wonder what's happened there? There looked like a couple could make top 100 at one stage.

I wonder what's happened there? There looked like a couple could make top 100 at one stage.

Yeah, I had relatively high hopes for a few of them. There have been injury issues, particularly Katie Boulter, but Konta aside, it's been 12-15 months to forget for the rest of the British contingent. I suppose they did win that Fed Cup tie at the Copper Box - thanks to Konta and Boulter, and they have actually been drawn away to Slovakia today in the final playoff for a place in the new reformed Fed Cup in Hungary next April, but hopes are pretty low at the moment. Just really a year of stagnation, or backover in some cases.

James Ward & Harriet Dart in action today/tonight.

Looking on betting websites their both on courts with camera's.

Are Amazon Prime showing the US Open Qualifiers?
Do you know if Ward or Dart are on televised courts on AP?

Thanks in advance.

Draw's out at 5 today I think? Hoping for a nice kind draw for Stan. Couldn't refuse 66-1 for him on Betfair.

Saw a bit of one of the qualifying matches yesterday and if that's anything to go off then Federer fans (and anyone hoping for a different winner to Nadal/Djokovic) are not gonna be pleased.

James Ward & Harriet Dart in action today/tonight.

Looking on betting websites their both on courts with camera's.

Are Amazon Prime showing the US Open Qualifiers?
Do you know if Ward or Dart are on televised courts on AP?

Thanks in advance.

Yeah both will be shown on Amazon Prime. They'll be playing at the same time most likely though. Both second match on court about 6ish.

Draw's out at 5 today I think? Hoping for a nice kind draw for Stan. Couldn't refuse 66-1 for him on Betfair.

Saw a bit of one of the qualifying matches yesterday and if that's anything to go off then Federer fans (and anyone hoping for a different winner to Nadal/Djokovic) are not gonna be pleased.

Yeah both will be shown on Amazon Prime. They'll be playing at the same time most likely though. Both second match on court about 6ish.
Thanks mate, how many courts are Amazon Prime showing in the qualifier's?

Thinking about flicking between the 2 Brit's if their in action at the same time.

Surprised Djokovic is as big as 6/5, should be a lot lot shorter really. Federer had his chance to beat him at Wimbledon and Nadal showed at the Australian Open he is no match for him on a hard court. The rest will be bigged up as usual before doing nothing.

Thanks mate, how many courts are Amazon Prime showing in the qualifier's?

Thinking about flicking between the 2 Brit's if their in action at the same time.

They've been showing courts 4, 6, 7, 11 and 12 all week:

They just get what they are given though and have no real say in what they can and can't show. Hopefully one of the first matches will go 3 and the other will be over quick so that they don't directly clash.

Yep, really interested to see how both draws pan out. A few interesting points on both sides and some dangerous floaters. A lot of eyes will be on where Gauff ends up.

Last edited:
Surprised Djokovic is as big as 6/5, should be a lot lot shorter really. Federer had his chance to beat him at Wimbledon and Nadal showed at the Australian Open he is no match for him on a hard court. The rest will be bigged up as usual before doing nothing.
Badly needs a new winner
Federer in djokovics half so no fedal at the us open this year.
Rubber v Tsitipas
Felix v shapovalov
Medvedev possible quarter final.for Djokovic
Nadal with the easiest route to final judging by quarter final and semi final opponents
Wawrinka/Anderson v Djokovic 4th round
Goffin v Federer 4th round
Nadal v isner/Cilic 4th round
Nadal v millman 1st round

Some tough games on paper

Last edited:
Pretty good draw really that. Djokovic - Fed in the same half and Djokovic gets Medvedev in his quarter as well. If you're moaning about him getting an easy draw then you're never gonna be satisfied.

Evans has a good chance to win two or three matches, Norrie could win a couple, Konta's got a tough but winnable route through to the second week.

Signed up to Amazon Prime. Trying to watch through a FireStick.

Clicked on other programmes and it works.

Tried clicking on a match currently in-play but nothing happens 😔
It isn’t allowing me to watch.

Serena vs Maria
Got to be fixed :lol:

A few other stand out R1 matches on the women's side

Sabalenka vs Azarenka, all Belarus affair
Gauff vs Potapova - Potapova has stalled a bit this year, or certainly hasn't pushed on as much as other teens like Andreescu, Anisimova, Yastremska and even Swiatek, but she's not long past her 18th birthday and has 2 WTA finals and a semi to her name.
Muguruza vs Riske - Riske might not have the box office name, but she's in form and it's 2 top 40 players in an even looking contest.
Kenin vs Vandeweghe might have been good, but CoCo has been pretty shocking since her comeback so should be a routine win for in form Kenin, but both are fiery and could well be an Armstrong night match.

Not gone back over the men's draw, but Shapovalov vs FAA massively stood out to me whilst the draw was being made.

Just seen the order of play for tomorrow. Looks like all the Brits play tomorrow and Konta and Dart are on at the same time. :neutral:

Yeah 4 of them, just Edmund on the Tuesday. It's a shame that they are both on first because at least if they were second or third on then the previous match(es) could have been long or short so they were spread out a bit further, but here they will both start at 4.10pm, so directly clashing. Think I'll mainly be watching Konta, but will no doubt be keeping tabs on a number of other matches - 128 matches to choose from. :)

Back