SMB Tennis thread (note there is a specific Wimbledon 22 thread)

Alcaraz vs Zverev has just been suspended due to a bee invasion:-O.

Alcaraz was chased off court by the bees and umpire got stung on head.

Andy Murray turning back the years in Miami. Second set was like his career summarised in 40 mins

Draw's opened up nicely as well. Rublev, Tsitsipas and Bublik all knocked out in his little section so there's no seeds left for him to face until the quarters.

Expecting Machac to beat him (again) unfortunately but then I thought Murray would lose against both Berrettini and Etcheverry so hopefully he proves me wrong again.

Draw's opened up nicely as well. Rublev, Tsitsipas and Bublik all knocked out in his little section so there's no seeds left for him to face until the quarters.

Expecting Machac to beat him (again) unfortunately but then I thought Murray would lose against both Berrettini and Etcheverry so hopefully he proves me wrong again.
It was utterly hilarious when he was 0 -40 down on his serve. The forehand pass down the line when he was out of court was marvellous.

Watching him drains me just as much as watching Sunderland. Machac absolutely nailed the backhand down the line in the last few points to set himself up for the win, but that match was on Murray's racket.

Not sure who's loss was worse out of Murray, Evo or Draper over the last two days. All three had complete stinkers to end the match.

Back