SMB Tennis thread (note there is a specific Wimbledon 22 thread)

So that's why Greg Rusedski invaded my court as I was playing last week to check on the usual drips of water from the outdated heating systems at Silksworth and bemoaned why the LTA don't contribute towards improving Regional Tennis Centres for ALL?
What was Greg doing there?
Kyle Edmund won the tournament

Finally an Australian mens final i can enjoy without Djokovic in it.
Hoping Sinner gets it after doing the impossible in Australia against Djokovic, even though i like Medvedev and that would mean him joining the Murray club of losing 3 Oz finals without winning. Feels like Medvedev has probably spent too much time on court and energy to win in 4 or 5 sets.

Finally an Australian mens final i can enjoy without Djokovic in it.
Hoping Sinner gets it after doing the impossible in Australia against Djokovic, even though i like Medvedev and that would mean him joining the Murray club of losing 3 Oz finals without winning. Feels like Medvedev has probably spent too much time on court and energy to win in 4 or 5 sets.
Same, I am ready for the Sinner and Alcaraz rivalry to take over now and start dominating tennis.

Medvedev taking Sinner to the cleaners at the moment.
Ultra aggressive today, was not expecting this from him, absolutely crushing Sinner who cant live with him.
Sinner broken 2 times in 6 matches, yet 4 times in 2 sets today

Last edited:
Not the best quality final it has be to said.
Can't believe I'm actually saying this but Medvedev appears to be getting tired, didn't think that was even possible.

Last edited:
Very very very rare to see Medvedev actually get tired but it looked like the amount of tennis he's played this fortnight finally caught up to him. Aggression levels dropped and his brain seemed fried in the final set coming in on rubbish approach shots against someone that can slap a winner from anywhere on the court off both wings.

Some team Sinner's got behind him now, Richard Williams is surely the only coach in the history of the sport who can claim to be better than Darren Cahill at this point. Improvement in his game technically, physically and mentally is nuts.

Is anyone going to the French Open? I’m thinking of buying tickets for Philippe-Chatrier Sun-Tues Day/Night and Sun-Tues Suzanne-Lenglen to make sure I definitely see Nadal (fitness permitting)

Back