SMB Tennis thread (note there is a specific Wimbledon 22 thread)

Watching the junior final in the background and Jack Draper has just taken the match into a decider 1-6 7-6 vs the top seed.

Anderson will lose easily...too drained from previous matches

I suppose it should be wrapped up by the World Cup final the way it's going. This set has obviously gone.

Anderson was garbage in the first set against Fed and then was maybe was a little unlucky to lose the second set. See if he improves when he loosens up a bit.

Been ages since we've had a good men's final at Wimbledon.

Anderson was garbage in the first set against Fed and then was maybe was a little unlucky to lose the second set. See if he improves when he loosens up a bit.

Been ages since we've had a good men's final at Wimbledon.

Aye, he was broken twice and lost that 2-6 and I remember thinking the exact same thing so guess we'll see, although he didn't have 2 marathon matches before than one.

Wonder how injured he actually is and how much is just in his head. I'm sure he isn't 100% but this is a Grand Slam final. Djokovic, Federer, Nadal, Murray etc will have battled through worse and won the big titles.

Has Anderson put his body through as much as Djokovic did in 2012 at the Australian Open? I doubt it.

Embarrassed for the lad, Federer must be wondering how how he’s not won another Wimbledon, All Djokovic has basically had to do to to win Wimbledon is scrape past Nadal on his worst surface.

What a great day. Novak Djokovic winning Slams again, Federer fans seething, Nadal fans seething.

The tears and bitterness is a joy to behold, it really is. Long may it last.

Djokovic :cool:

What a great day. Novak Djokovic winning Slams again, Federer fans seething, Nadal fans seething.

The tears and bitterness is a joy to behold, it really is. Long may it last.

Djokovic :cool:

Fair play to him, it does kill him inside though that he’s never going to be Nadal or Federer, he’s tried his hardest to be liked as much as them to, bless him.

Come along way in a short time after losing to the likes of T Daniel, Klizan and even Edmund and Cecchinato just a couple of months ago. Good to see him back and tennis does need the star power especially with all the injuries the more established players have had in recent years. Favourite for the US Open?

Come along way in a short time after losing to the likes of T Daniel, Klizan and even Edmund and Cecchinato just a couple of months ago. Good to see him back and tennis does need the star power especially with all the injuries the more established players have had in recent years. Favourite for the US Open?

Will need to improve massively to win the us open I reckon , look how close it was agaianst Nadal on a surface that Nadal is far from comfortable on.

Back