SMB BIGGEST LOSER: RECIPES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Been following this thread for recipe ideas. I try to eat generally healthy and where I can avoid processed food.

This is a canny breakfast, which I tend to cook on a night and leave til the next morning.

2 eggs
Spoonful of cottage cheese
Rasher of bacon chopped

Mix them altogether and pour into a small dish, sprayed with oil

Cook in oven for about half an hour on 180.c

Comes out a bit like a quiche but without the pastry base.

Been following this thread for recipe ideas. I try to eat generally healthy and where I can avoid processed food.

This is a canny breakfast, which I tend to cook on a night and leave til the next morning.

2 eggs
Spoonful of cottage cheese
Rasher of bacon chopped

Mix them altogether and pour into a small dish, sprayed with oil

Cook in oven for about half an hour on 180.c

Comes out a bit like a quiche but without the pastry base.

I do a similar one

frittata-y thing!
Leeks,broccoli,asparagus,red pepper fried off and set with 2 whole eggs plus 2 egg whites mixed with 100g cottage cheese, salt pepper, cayenne pepper, Parmesan and finished off under the grill
35P/10C/18F

Half one day then half the next with some salad

Or whole one to me self on its own:lol:

Quick, cheap and lazy Fish Risotto

3 smoked fish fillets
1 butternut squash
1 onion
Some Arborio rice
Fish stock cube

Steam/poach/nuke the fish

Cube the squash and boil for 10 mins

Hoy in the diced onion, stock cube and rice

Simmer for 10 mins or until the stock is below the level of the rice.

Drain, mix in the fish. Salt, pepper. Voila!

Don't care if I'm doing it all wrong. It's lovely and it's lasted me 3 days of tea. 700 cals a serving.

Thank you :D

do you think that would work with butternut squash? longer boiling time obviously.
I never par boil sweet potato or butternut squash and find they roast very quickly in a hot oven
When I was really calorie counting I used spray oil but I do prefer a good lug of olive oil!

I never par boil sweet potato or butternut squash and find they roast very quickly in a hot oven
When I was really calorie counting I used spray oil but I do prefer a good lug of olive oil!

Definitely this. Would imagine squash would disintegrate really quickly if par boiled, it's quite easy to dry it out too much when roasting as well.

Don't bother then. Go on a filthy bulk and then cut the fat later.[DOUBLEPOST=1389138243][/DOUBLEPOST]

Loads of health nuts go on about quinoa. No idea if its actually nice mind.

Roast sweet potato is my favourite source of carbs. Love the stuff.

Quinoa is nice. Good with veg in or can chuck pesto or spices etc in to make it better.

The latest slimming world magazine has some cracking recipes in.

I did the chicken korma this week and it was ok, bit bland. Ill stick a bit more chilli in next time I think.
I put 2 teaspoons in and had reduced all the other ingredients by a quarter - was cooking for three. It was about madras strength and pretty good.
The ghoulash smells great - haven't tasted it yet as it still needs to reduce a bit more and the peppers need to go in.[DOUBLEPOST=1389550173][/DOUBLEPOST]
I did the chicken korma this week and it was ok, bit bland. Ill stick a bit more chilli in next time I think.
I also forgot to mention that I separated the bairns portion out before I put in the additional chilli. So it was probably 5 times the chilli content of the recipe.
Just had the ghoulash - also very good. Did it overnight in a slow cooker, served with basmati rice and a dollop of Creme fraiche. Must get some low fat Creme fraiche.
Jambalaya next week I think.

Last edited:
Low Calorie Veggie Lasagne Recipe - made with Philly

Ingredients;
1 bell pepper
1 courgette
1 aubergine (or any other non-starchy veggies that you can roast)
1 onion, finely chopped
200g mushrooms, sliced
1 clove garlic
400g tinned chopped tomatoes
250ml skimmed milk
25g cornflour
200g tub of Light Philadelphia (Garlic and herbs is best but you can try different flavours)
6 pieces of no-cook lasagne noodles
1-cal Spray oil
Few leaves of fresh basil

Method:
  • Chop your veggies up, spray with oil and roast in the oven, for about 20 mins.
  • In the meantime, fry the onion and garlic until soft. Add the mushrooms until soft. Add the tin of tomatoes and the basil and stir and leave on a low heat.
  • Take a splash of the milk and mix with the cornflour in a bowl to make a paste.
  • Heat the remaining milk until boiling, then pour over the paste (important, it will go lumpy if you do it the other way around)
  • Return it to the pan, and stir till it thickens. Add the Philadelphia and stir till it melts and gives you a creamy cheesy sauce.
  • Take the veggies out and put them into the tomato sauce you have waiting.
  • Now layer the tomato veggie sauce, then the pasta sheets, then the creamy sauce in a lasagne dish. You should get two layers of each, finishing with creamy sauce.
  • You can add some cheese on top if you want but it will add calories of course.
  • Bake for 30 mins at 200C.
  • Makes 4 servings, about 300 calories each serving. Serve with salad!
Made this last night. Lovely, although not as creamy as normal for some reason. Have some for me dinner at work today. Nom. 300 cals a pop including added Parmesan on top.
Logon or register to see this image

Two really good books, recommended by a lad at boot camp and bought by several people including me who love the recipes!

Lass at work got Hairy Dieters book ( How to love food and lose weight ) for Xmas ( somebody dropping a hint lol), and brought in the cheese, onion, and potato pasties made with bread mix to try---

After asking her to fetch it in, and flicking through it, I've now bought the book The recipes are quality.

Lasagne looks great

Last edited:
the nutrional content of organic foods are far superior to those that are not organic[DOUBLEPOST=1388773063][/DOUBLEPOST]

it is just beautiful to cook with and very good for you

after just a few weeks of eating to my nutritionist's plan I was allowed a day off for Christmas

I ate pretty good clean food on Christmas day but still ended up spewing my guts up

I feel much healthier, look much healthier and it isn't all down to the coconut oil but it really is lush
So you persuaded me to try coconut oil. So how the hell am I supposed to use it? It's solid. Do I cut bits off like lard??

Anyone recommend any sites for recipes? Need to mix it up a bit and start eating different stuff. Lost 2 stone since November-ish, dropped 4" in the waist as well but I'm eating a lot of the same things over and over and it becomes bland as fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back