SMB BIGGEST LOSER: RECIPES

Status
Not open for further replies.
i made this a while back and really enjoyed it, low in calories unless you eat the whole pot like i do http://www.hairybikers.com/recipes/chicken-korma/1615
Going to do that one tomorrow - I will replace the cream with crème fraich (or however the fuck you spell it and providing my French is up to finding it;)).[DOUBLEPOST=1388784820][/DOUBLEPOST]
Two really good books, recommended by a lad at boot camp and bought by several people including me who love the recipes!

Going to get them thanks Becs!

20 posts and only 2 recipes:rolleyes:

This was tried last year hope it does better this time round cos it is a good idea to bounce ideas about, I often end up eating the same things over and over!

Just to get going here's one of my snacks an 'inbetweeny' so to say.

Cottage Cheese mix

200g Low fat CC
5/6 cherry toms (or a medium vine tom) chopped small
Splash of sweet chilli (plus a good dash of hot sauce for me)
2 Rivita Pumpkin & oat seed crackers broken up
Fresh black pepper

Cals-299 / Carbs-36 / Fat-6 / Protein-26

Can I suggest if you're using MFP you post the macros of the recipe

I have both the hairy dieters cookbooks now, thanks @becs

MrCat is reading them and is impressed with the tortilla pizzas.

Quark
Raisins
Almonds
Chocolate protein powder

Mix together and hoy in fridge, nice healthy chocolate fruit and nut desert

so it comes out solidish?

quantities?

Not solid just quite thick and cowld.

Quantitys would all depend how much you want to eat because there's not really much calories in quark, I used to 25 gram scoops of protein power wich is about 180cals (tiny bit of water btw) then about 10 almond and some raisins.

Not solid just quite thick and cowld.

Quantitys would all depend how much you want to eat because there's not really much calories in quark, I used to 25 gram scoops of protein power wich is about 180cals (tiny bit of water btw) then about 10 almond and some raisins.

nice one, mrcat will love that :)

I have both the hairy dieters cookbooks now, thanks @becs

MrCat is reading them and is impressed with the tortilla pizzas.[/quote]

Mrs Beery making these tonight - report to follow

got both books and will work my way through excepet desserts - not a big dessert man, me

Might make that korma this week (after my lasagne and the honey glazed salmon from the SMB thread!)

Would be interesting to know how the books are like, compared to just looking up the recipes online like the korma. Is there much more and are they fairly straightforward?

Todays food intake;

Breakfast: 1 small bowl of wheetabix minis

Lunch: glass of whey diet shake

Tea: tin of heinz vegetable soup and 1 slice of brown bread.

(1 cup of tea no sugar, several glasses of water throughout day)

Should I cut out the bread?

First day ever that I've been on a diet. 14 half stone, need to be 12 stone again.

Todays food intake;

Breakfast: 1 small bowl of wheetabix minis

Lunch: glass of whey diet shake

Tea: tin of heinz vegetable soup and 1 slice of brown bread.

(1 cup of tea no sugar, several glasses of water throughout day)

Should I cut out the bread?

First day ever that I've been on a diet. 14 half stone, need to be 12 stone again.
That sounds like far too little food! How many calories in all that?

I don't like diet shakes personally, because I think they're impossible to implement long term, and you don't want to just be "going on a diet" for a short term, you want to be eating more healthy fuels top, so it won't just go straight back on again.

That sounds like far too little food! How many calories in all that?

I don't like diet shakes personally, because I think they're impossible to implement long term, and you don't want to just be "going on a diet" for a short term, you want to be eating more healthy fuels top, so it won't just go straight back on again.

I have no idea :lol: I know the diet shake has 170 calories.

I'm doing a 1 hour cardio session at the gym every weekday morning before work too.

I have no idea :lol: I know the diet shake has 170 calories.

I'm doing a 1 hour cardio session at the gym every weekday morning before work too.
Yep, you're not eating enough. I reckon all that food is around 800 odd calories. Men usually need around 1800 calories as a base (although more qualified people on here can verify that).

Are you using a calorie app like My Fitness Pal? They're usually really good and you enter the food in it as you eat it and it'll tell you how many calories in it. it'll set you a daily goal to aim for.

Basically, work out your BMR (how many calories you need just to exist) here - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/tools/bmr-calculator

That'll tell you how many you burn just by sitting on the settee all day. Any exercise you do will increase that number.

If you eat fewer calories than that number you'll lose weight, but as Becs posted you shouldn't eat too few, or you'll risk bottoming out or slowing your metabolism down. 500 calorie deficit each day will be a 1lb loss per week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back