Smallest away contingent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn’t something I personally witnessed but I remember this in the news:
Solitary fan wins Italian hearts
On a similar note I remember reading about a Moscow team being drawn away in the cup to a team on the east coast near Japan. Four lads decided to make a road trip out of it and drove. It was a draw and the replay was 48 hrs later which meant they couldn’t drive back in time so they sold the car and flew!

Even espanyol didnt take more than a couple of hundred to barca when i went n theyre in the same city.
These sides must take more abroad than domestic games? Weird.
I saw more Depor fans at a preseason game at WHU than I’ve seen at any of the three La Liga games I’ve been too.

Last edited:

Fulham in 2010 (in fairness they played away to Shakhtar in the UEFA cup a few days before IIRC) and Reading in 2012 are the lowest I’ve ever seen at the SOL.

Relative to home crowd you’ve seen? Was in Valencia last week (aye, look at me etc) and took in a game at their place. Crowd of around 40,000 there. Was sat a block away from what had been set aside for the Alaves fans and counted 8 of them. Chatting to a local who informed me there isn’t much of a tradition of following your team to away games in Spain. Still surprised me though. So, as per title, what’s the smallest away crowd relative to home support anyone has seen?

Plymouth at home in 1992 ish at Roker.. think they had 13 - was a Tuesday or Thursday or something like that.. Peter Shilton playing for them - can’t remember seeing less

Went to a Vancouver Whitecaps away match at Colorado in 2011. There were six of us in the away section in a overall crowd of about 16,000. Four of them were my family. The other two were a Scouser transplant and his Vancouver girlfriend. We were low down in a corner and a handful of the players came over and thanked us afterward.

Went to a Vancouver Whitecaps away match at Colorado in 2011. There were six of us in the away section in a overall crowd of about 16,000. Four of them were my family. The other two were a Scouser transplant and his Vancouver girlfriend. We were low down in a corner and a handful of the players came over and thanked us afterward.
When I was based in Germany with the army many moons ago a crowd of us squaddies (mixture of English, Welsh, jocks and myself and another paddy) would take in the odd Bayer Uerdingen home games. Locals initially didn’t know what to make of us. After a while they quite took to us. Had some great crack with the locals. Some of the players would grin and wave too when they figured out we were there. They must have wondered what they’d done to deserve us, drinking and yahooing behind the goal, mis-pronouncing chants and making up our own English ones

Relative to home crowd you’ve seen? Was in Valencia last week (aye, look at me etc) and took in a game at their place. Crowd of around 40,000 there. Was sat a block away from what had been set aside for the Alaves fans and counted 8 of them. Chatting to a local who informed me there isn’t much of a tradition of following your team to away games in Spain. Still surprised me though. So, as per title, what’s the smallest away crowd relative to home support anyone has seen?

I was at the same ground a couple of weeks before you to see their match against Eibar and they had 12 fans there - like you I counted them as we were near that section :lol:

They won 1-0 in the 90th minute as well, so great as all 12 of them went ‘mental’ !!

On a similar note I remember reading about a Moscow team being drawn away in the cup to a team on the east coast near Japan. Four lads decided to make a road trip out of it and drove. It was a draw and the replay was 48 hrs later which meant they couldn’t drive back in time so they sold the car and flew!

I saw more Depor fans at a preseason game at WHU than I’ve seen at any of the three La Liga games I’ve been too.

Depor normally do have a few fans as a load of Galician exiles everywhere for work. Muck like ourselves in the SE.

As for Eibar and Alaves 7-8 hour journey to Valencia for them. Its a big country and they are big armchair fans. One off big games and theyll travel in their 1000s but not like in UK

Remember a game at roker against Rotherham, full members cup or some shoite. Police down the side of the little corner protecting Rotheram fans who had the grand total of zero fans.

It was the same week I think that a previous poster mentions the 3 Southend fans we scored 7 in each game..for some reason tho I've always thought Rotherham had 1 fan..I was only 10 year old mind

Bolton were dreadful in the Prem for quite some time before their demise. About 300-400 at Anfield one year, for eg. Really don't know what happened to them.

Darlington v Billingham Synthonia in the FA Trophy at Feethams. There were maybe 10 of us, one lad was ragged out by the coppers for carrying :lol:

that i've been to:

Bristol Rovers in '87, midweek in February, still managed around 800. got hammered by them. check out the quality of the highlights:

Bournemouth v Sunderland, 17 Mar '90 - again between 800 and 1000, hard to tell as we had the whole away end behind the goal so were spread out.

It was the same week I think that a previous poster mentions the 3 Southend fans we scored 7 in each game..for some reason tho I've always thought Rotherham had 1 fan..I was only 10 year old mind
Aye, I can remember Rotherham game, was at the Southend one as well, think it was when cannoville broke his leg, can't recall that both games were same week like. Funny how we can remember certain things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back