Smallest away contingent

foggyballa

Midfield
Relative to home crowd you’ve seen? Was in Valencia last week (aye, look at me etc) and took in a game at their place. Crowd of around 40,000 there. Was sat a block away from what had been set aside for the Alaves fans and counted 8 of them. Chatting to a local who informed me there isn’t much of a tradition of following your team to away games in Spain. Still surprised me though. So, as per title, what’s the smallest away crowd relative to home support anyone has seen?

Relative to home crowd you’ve seen? Was in Valencia last week (aye, look at me etc) and took in a game at their place. Crowd of around 40,000 there. Was sat a block away from what had been set aside for the Alaves fans and counted 8 of them. Chatting to a local who informed me there isn’t much of a tradition of following your team to away games in Spain. Still surprised me though. So, as per title, what’s the smallest away crowd relative to home support anyone has seen?

I don’t know that many clubs average home attendances off the top of my head to answer this well.

It won't be the smallest by any means but for me Fulham were crap when in the premiership the time before this one. Mind the game was so boring I counted the fans. Think it was 94 or something close.

QPR in 1985 had 31 fans in away section

Relative to home support has to be Spain though, Real Madrid v Deportivo, a few years back 80k crowd and maybe 100 in away section

Spain is notorious for away fans not travelling. Many of the games involve very long distances. Even Real and Barca only take a few hundred.

I’ve been to see Depor at Barca, Real Madrid and Valencia. Very few away fans at any game in Spain and they’re normally exiles. In the Bernabéu Xisco scored for Depor after 3 mins and there wasn’t a squeak from anywhere in the ground.

There was a game at roker park where there was 3 away fans. I’m sure we were 3-0 up at HT and none of them came back second half.
I’m thinking something like Southend on a Tuesday night.

You may take the piss out of how many , but each of them whom made the effort has nothing but full respect from me.
Certainly not taking the piss out of them mate. Fair play to anyone who follows their club, home or away. Just used to seeing reasonable away contingents in the English game. Surprised me was all and was just curious.

Spain is notorious for away fans not travelling. Many of the games involve very long distances. Even Real and Barca only take a few hundred.

Even espanyol didnt take more than a couple of hundred to barca when i went n theyre in the same city.
These sides must take more abroad than domestic games? Weird.

My memory might be playing me tricks about the result of a home match to Stockport on a Tuesday night at Roker Park , I think we lost 1-0.

However, they had a maximum of 5 fans and it prompted a chant that they could have come in a phone box...

I went to watch Tenerife v Sporting Gijon about 1996 and there was one Sporting fan amongst a crowd of about 20k. Pretty young lass sat on her Todd with red and white striped Gijon top on. They lost 6-0 anarl.

Back