Small things that annoy you

people on the bus who stand up at the stop before, so the driver stays parked thinking they want to get off.
other people who don't get up until the driver is closing the doors and pulling off.
people who press the bell after it's already been pressed half a dozen times and the bus is already pulling into the stop.

I hate getting the bus :evil:

Putting things in a specific place so they can be easily found and then when the time comes, you can't locate them as someone has had the fidgets (sorry to be sexist, but it's usually a woman) and moved them for no reason.

How's it only just occurred to me that his name is an anagram of Wackii Dwarves?

His full name is an anagram of 'I easily whack dwarves'.

Aye, it's a full life. :lol:

Last edited:
People saying Happy Christmas…. It’s Merry Christmas!!
It’s like saying Merry New Year!
It can be either.

Happy Birthday
Happy New Year
Happy Hanukkah
etc

why not Happy Christmas? When does anyone ever use the word merry? It is an old word that has fallen out of use and is now only really ever associated with Christmas or very occasionally slight drunkenness. Merry started to be used less in general language from the 18th centaury, but remained popularly associated with Christmas because of the carol, which had been around since the 1500s. The Queen always used Happy Christmas in her broadcasts, and it's use has been around since 1688.

Back