Slovenia

I think its quality - good place for a weekend on the piss with the lads or to have a wander around with the missus - the Terror Museum is superb

I spent a few days there a couple of years ago, never heard of it. We spent most of our time on the piss then enjoying being hungover in the baths. :cool:

I spent a few days there a couple of years ago, never heard of it. We spent most of our time on the piss then enjoying being hungover in the baths. :cool:

:lol: I've done the same thing many times

A lot of the Missus' mates live and work in Budapest so we've had some quality nights out there

We go every year. Love the place. Always stay in the Gorenjska region. Hire a car and drive around the mountains. Love all the places the poster above mentioned. I enjoy cycling between Bled and Bohinj with a well deserved rest in Bohinska Bistrica. The train to Ljubjana from Bled takes about 40 mins and costs around £7.

Bohinj is canny if you fancy going up the cable car at Vogel and the Savicia Waterfall. Will still be cool though at easter!

Very belated bump here but we went to the Montenegrin Lakes last year, loved them and fancy similar again.

Going to do 3 days in Slovenia at the end of our trip and it seems a toss up between Bled and Bohinj for where we go. Do either have any villages on them with a couple of decent bars and restaurants? Want somewhere quiet and scenic if such a combination still exists there. Any help appreciated 👍🏻

Very belated bump here but we went to the Montenegrin Lakes last year, loved them and fancy similar again.

Going to do 3 days in Slovenia at the end of our trip and it seems a toss up between Bled and Bohinj for where we go. Do either have any villages on them with a couple of decent bars and restaurants? Want somewhere quiet and scenic if such a combination still exists there. Any help appreciated 👍🏻

Bohinj (ribcev laz) is very quiet and only a couple of places to eat and drink. Bled has a lot more going on. There are at least 20 small restaurants down by the lake and some bars too, not noisy places to be fair.

I’d go for the Hotel Lovec restaurant or there is a nice fish restaurant down near the Hotel Toplice.

My good mate has had a bar there now for about a decade, married to a local, in Maribor.
Pay him a visit, bars called the living room.

Went to Ljublijana in December a couple of years back. Cracking little place. Got the bus to Lake Bled for the day which is stunning.

Back there in the summer. Renting a house on the far side of Lake Bled. Can’t wait. Loads planned for the first week including some climbing and canoeing in the Sava river. Second week more relaxing and a trip into Italy perhaps.

Bohinj (ribcev laz) is very quiet and only a couple of places to eat and drink. Bled has a lot more going on. There are at least 20 small restaurants down by the lake and some bars too, not noisy places to be fair.

I’d go for the Hotel Lovec restaurant or there is a nice fish restaurant down near the Hotel Toplice.

Cheers for the heads up on Bohinj.

Is there a particular village or area along Bled we should look for if we start searching for an Air BnB? Going to do 2/3 days there in September.

Back