Slovenia

T

The Sebasaurus

Has anybody ever been? Is it all about Ljubljana or is it worth exploring a bit? I'm thinking a 5 day trip over Easter.

Lovely country, get into the mountains (around Lake Bohinj, Lake Bled, Kransja Gora or Kobarid)if you can. The Soca River's nice & there's some good show caves in the south, coast is a bit naff though.

Cheers. I'd fancied going for a couple of weeks over the summer but will only have five days to play with over Easter.

Lovely country, get into the mountains (around Lake Bohinj, Lake Bled, Kransja Gora or Kobarid)if you can. The Soca River's nice & there's some good show caves in the south, coast is a bit naff though.

We go every year. Love the place. Always stay in the Gorenjska region. Hire a car and drive around the mountains. Love all the places the poster above mentioned. I enjoy cycling between Bled and Bohinj with a well deserved rest in Bohinska Bistrica. The train to Ljubjana from Bled takes about 40 mins and costs around £7.

Bohinj is canny if you fancy going up the cable car at Vogel and the Savicia Waterfall. Will still be cool though at easter!

So how come ower here, one of the most secular countries in the World, we have something like three bank holidays for Easter and everywhere grinds to a halt?!

No idea mate. Just saying that in Slovenia they love religious festivals. The country has a nice buzz and has changed a lot as well since gaining independence.

First time I ate horse meat was in Ljubljana.

Went to luby last February and had the best Mexican meal I've ever had.

Went to Koper Aswell but was nowt there other than another Shyte Scotland game ?

Hope that helps

Did you have a mixture of kidney beans and peppers with either mince beef or chicken wrapped in a tortilla? Every Mexican dish is the same, just folded differently.

Is that where Bratislava is? Or Slovakia?
Was meant to be there for 4 nights. Lasted 1 and got the train to Vienna
Was decent enough but as stated you will be better seeing the countryside

Was there for bout 5 days and only spent one night in the capital...all about getting around really and seeing the lakes and mountains...stunning countryside. Lovely small town down the south called Piran.

Bratislava is in Slovakia mate :lol: And what were you planning on doing there for 4 days? You can see everything in less than 2 hours and once you are out of the old town and castle area its a shit-hole

Canny night out though and definately better nightlife than Vienna

Went to Bratislava for a long weekend a couple of years ago for my birthday. Was good but you wouldn't need more than two nights there.

Anyway, would I need more than five nights in Slovenia to make it worth going to? It's a toss up between Ljubljana/Bled or Kiev/Chernobyl.

We were planning to get married in the church on the island in the middle of Lake Bled before switching our wedding plans to New York.

Visited Lake Bled a couple of times and it is stunning. Piran, as someone else said, is also a canny little place too.

Back