Sleaford Mods

Jobseeker is real life story telling at its finest. Yes there's plenty of angst but it's visually brilliant lyrically.

I like that the set up is very basic as a live act. Williamson was superb when I saw them. Barely noticed the other lad tbh.
Newcastle last October?

Same as you. He was just backlit, dressed all in black and sorrounded by a haze of moisture. Couldn’t take my eyes off him. Could have listened and watched for hours.

Newcastle last October?

Same as you. He was just backlit, dressed all in black and sorrounded by a haze of moisture. Couldn’t take my eyes off him. Could have listened and watched for hours.

That's the one.

Must be class being the other fella. Puts all the hard yards in in the studio then live he basically becomes another member of the audience, supping and watching Jason give his all.

Newcastle last October?

I was there anarl. Exactly the same for me.

Have liked their music for a good few years, but live it sounded so much better. Unreal frontman, all you need is him on a stage and you cant take your eyes off him.

At there best they are sublime. But they are a bit samey. Saw them live and after 20 minutes I'd had enough. They were great but nothing changed. He did ramp it up towards the end mind.

I tend to agree with the samey comment actually, although twenty minutes is a but sharp. But I didn't ever get bored of watching them, such was the passion and energy coming from the singer.

I saw them live in Newcastle last year and they were tremendous, but I couldn't sit and listen to their records. More of a performance art thing with me too.

I love the 2007 version of Jobseeker with the Yardbirds sample...

Back