Slade?

One of the loudest I understand. Wish I'd seen them
I me anarl. One of my ‘bands that got away’ regrets.
Aged seven I said my favorites were Slade, Sweet and Gary Glitter.

Saw GG several times - pre nonce allegations of course but his gigs were always excellent.

Saw Sweet around 1987. Shite. Connolly had lost it by then and had two young lads doing most of the harmonies for him as his voices was shot to shit. Not sure if any other members were original.

Never saw Slade. Still think Noddy took a dive early and could easily have extended their career but would have been sad to see him do a Daltrey and struggle with the booming voice in later years.

Slade were massive early 70s despite starting as a skinhead group and moving into glam rock -( albeit with a harder edge) and had a huge following in the skinhead / suedehead mobs.

I me anarl. One of my ‘bands that got away’ regrets.
Aged seven I said my favorites were Slade, Sweet and Gary Glitter.

Saw GG several times - pre nonce allegations of course but his gigs were always excellent.

Saw Sweet around 1987. Shite. Connolly had lost it by then and had two young lads doing most of the harmonies for him as his voices was shot to shit. Not sure if any other members were original.

Never saw Slade. Still think Noddy took a dive early and could easily have extended their career but would have been sad to see him do a Daltrey and struggle with the booming voice in later years.

I think there may have been 2 or 3 versions of Sweet touring at one time. Steve Priest's "Sweet" mainly played the US. Andy Scotts "Sweet" still going and actually playing the Fire Station in Sunderland this month

Back