Skyrim

Skyrim is a huge game, so do the VR in small stints of a few hours before a break. Even I got nausea from it after quite a few hours when I first tried it and VR stuff doesn’t usually affect me.

I love the game though. It’s just finding the time to play VR since with a decent headset in, there’s no way someone can contact you unless they tap you on the shoulder :lol:

I've probably put in over 1000 hours over the ps3 and xbox one version. Guessing I wouldn't be to put the 9/10 hour sessions in on vr :lol:

I've probably put in over 1000 hours over the ps3 and xbox one version. Guessing I wouldn't be to put the 9/10 hour sessions in on vr :lol:
Depends how long you can handle VR sessions but I’d be ill as fuck after 5 hours without any breaks...especially with the views in Skyrim on the mountains :lol:

Depends how long you can handle VR sessions but I’d be ill as fuck after 5 hours without any breaks...especially with the views in Skyrim on the mountains :lol:

Class. Seen mixed reviews on it so have been in two minds as skyrim and fallout are the only two games that currently appeal to me in that format. I did have and sold a vr when it came out due to lack of content

Debating getting the VR again. Is Skyrim VR any good? Would probably be the deciding factor as to whether I buy one or not

I hated Skyrim VR, it’s visuals are more like the 360/ps3 versions rather than the remastered editions. Wearing the headset for more than 15 minutes was enough for me, shame they didn’t have a feature that you could access saves from the ‘normal’ versions so you could switch between VR and normal.

I hated Skyrim VR, it’s visuals are more like the 360/ps3 versions rather than the remastered editions. Wearing the headset for more than 15 minutes was enough for me, shame they didn’t have a feature that you could access saves from the ‘normal’ versions so you could switch between VR and normal.

I would expect weaker graphics tbf. I assumed it would be quite immersive with the touch controllers. From videos I've seen it seems to give you full control over the weapons

A vr DLC would have been the way to go. I'd imagine I'd get a headache spending 3 hours levelling up alchemy and smithing

Picked this up a few months ago but never started. Any tips from anyone who’s played it? Is it worth the time needed to put in as I’ve heard it’s long.

it's really good for quite a while until you realise you've just been doing the same thing over and over again for ages and can't remember what the point of any of it is then you get bored and drift away.

Still doing my level 1 run.

Read the scroll at the throat of the world and keep getting my arse kicked.

Luckily I can fast travel so I've bounced back to Whiterun. I need to hoard a load of potions and fans some staves or nasty scrolls.

Couldn't resist getting this in the PS4 sale.

The mods are class like.

Rich merchants, 10k carry weight, unlimited sprinting and fast hosses cut out all the guff.

Couldn't resist getting this in the PS4 sale.

The mods are class like.

Rich merchants, 10k carry weight, unlimited sprinting and fast hosses cut out all the guff.

Might do a play through with mods actually. Got all the achievements anyway so no harm them being unavailable

Buggy twat of a game.

Stuck on the Dragoborn DLC bit where there's a gate shut that shouldn't be.

Tried everything...removing all mods, reloading old saves, the plate/door glitch, adding destructible doors and nowt.

Bastards.

Buggy twat of a game.

Stuck on the Dragoborn DLC bit where there's a gate shut that shouldn't be.

Tried everything...removing all mods, reloading old saves, the plate/door glitch, adding destructible doors and nowt.

Bastards.
I managed to use the plate glitch, took a few attempts to work.

It is indeed a twat.

Must have tried for about half an hour making a dick of meself doing that with no success like.

Not convinced it works on PS4.
It does, that's where I had the glitch.

Watch a video to get the timing right, took me a little while to get the knack of it. By the time I finished the story I was getting it first time most of the time.

It does, that's where I had the glitch.

Watch a video to get the timing right, took me a little while to get the knack of it. By the time I finished the story I was getting it first time most of the time.

Is it just any flat object then?

And d'you have to run or use the whirlwind sprint thingy?

Blacksmithing is probably the easiest skill to level up though unfortunately. Iron Daggers all the way to Dwarven Armor from then on it's Dwarven Bows til 100. There's enough ore in the Markath ruins to get you all the way the way there, it's that easy :/

You can combine Blacksmithing with Enchanting to powerlevel that also, and the Enchanted crafts make you thousands of gold making any other sources of gold income obsolete.

Even buying the ore outright you still make a profit on your craftables if you enchant them
Iron Daggers hasn't been the best way to level smithing for a while. It got patched so it now depends on the value of what you craft. Get gold and craft rings. If you have gems then put them into it to put the value up further. Any iron ore you get them use transmute spell on it to turn to silver then gold, you can find the spell at a mine just NW of Whiterun. Buy all the iron and silver ore you can to help, don't buy ingots. There's also amine near Markarth with a shit tone of gold veins to mine.

Back