SKP on talksport

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't usually like these sort of appointments, but in this case I'd be in favour. I'll be honest, like most, we won't know exactly how good a coach SKP is regarded to be in the game, but I think as a club we need a feeling of unity again. Having SKP in charge would hopefully at least bring a massive feel good effect and unite the fans together to turn the SOL in to a fortress, which in reality at this level it should be already.

So let’s stick with a manager who has lost the majority of his games playing some of the shitest football we’ve ever seen?

That’s not what I said though. My point is that SKP is not the right replacement. Where did I state we should keep Parkinson?

I disagree - the fans are not united over such an appointment at all.

No, I agree. But SKP is a club legend and if he was given the job I think there'd be massive unity in supporting him, despite many not wanting him in the first place.

And this. People banging on about being too risky for his first managerial role, we're a midtable league one team ffs. Doesn't get anymore mediocre than that.
But with expectations that we come back up.
Having said that though the club does need a lift, and if he brings a more experienced guy with him it might just work.

Let's stick with Parky then eh. If he gets the bullet who's next? Cotteril, Holloway, some twat who Charlie can bang on about CVs and class references? No thanks. Let's take a bit of a risk here.
It's not a BIT of a risk - it's a massive one. Why has he not been given a chance elsewhere? I often ask this question but it is always ignored by his supporters.

I think we all agree to give any appointed manager support -

until things go wrong.

Yes but that sentence is just a load of nothing. All managers get support. My argument is that SKP, given his status at the club and how much or a legend he's regarded, would ignite a much better atmosphere amongst the fans.

I don't think he'd be excused from criticisn like, but I think having him back the club would have the SOL bouncing.

It's not a BIT of a risk - it's a massive one. Why has he not been given a chance elsewhere? I often ask this question but it is always ignored by his supporters.
What jobs were available that would have suited him? When I've took jobs in the past I go with my instincts and what's best for me.

Yes but that sentence is just a load of nothing. All managers get support. My argument is that SKP, given his status at the club and how much or a legend he's regarded, would ignite a much better atmosphere amongst the fans.

I don't think he'd be excused from criticisn like, but I think having him back the club would have the SOL bouncing.
Like Bally the legend when he was in the dug-out?

definite no-no for me.

only for the reason that i have met him, and listened to him speak quite a few times, and i simply think he isn't management material, in any industry. he's one of the lads, a good lad in fact, and probably someone you'd love to have in your backroom team. but as someone required to demand authority, to control every aspect of the playing side of the club, shoulder responsibility intelligently etc... i just don't think he is the right type of person

for the first match, maybe so. but if we continue losing, that will disappear after 2 weeks. does he have the tactical awareness, the management credentials to impose himself on a group of under performing, overpaid lazy players, shoulder the weight of the club whilst out-thinking opposition and making intelligent decisions all day long? i don't think so.

although i'd like him back at the club in some capacity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back