SKP on talksport

I could see him as an assistant to someone decent but I think this is far too big a job for someone to cut their managerial teeth in. If he goes and does what Sol Campbell did and get a job anywhere in the pyramid that will have him, and proves himself a competent manager, then you could see him as an option. As many have said he doesn't really strike you as managerial material, unlike a Keane who you might be prepared to take a gamble on. Maybe he is, but I don't think we're in the position where we can afford to have him try and prove it here. Assistant and all round good cop (which would still lift the crowd) absolutely, and that would be a step up from coaching roles he's had previously, but not manager
Let's just keep Phil then eh

for the first match, maybe so. but if we continue losing, that will disappear after 2 weeks. does he have the tactical awareness, the management credentials to impose himself on a group of under performing, overpaid lazy players, shoulder the weight of the club whilst out-thinking opposition and making intelligent decisions all day long? i don't think so.

although i'd like him back at the club in some capacity

I definitely can't say for certain at all. I just wouldn't really be opposed given where we are at the moment.

You cant polish a turd, the players are individually and collectively dreadful. He’d be a mug to take the job, especially with the current owners steering the ship onto the rocks.

I could see him as an assistant to someone decent but I think this is far too big a job for someone to cut their managerial teeth in. If he goes and does what Sol Campbell did and get a job anywhere in the pyramid that will have him, and proves himself a competent manager, then you could see him as an option. As many have said he doesn't really strike you as managerial material, unlike a Keane who you might be prepared to take a gamble on. Maybe he is, but I don't think we're in the position where we can afford to have him try and prove it here. Assistant and all round good cop (which would still lift the crowd) absolutely, and that would be a step up from coaching roles he's had previously, but not manager
It’s not too big a job at all, we are a league 1 club, it’s perfect for him to start out his managerial career plus will have the fans inside straightaway

We’re a league one club, what’s too big about that?

We’re exactly at the level that a young manager with aspirations shouldn’t be seen as a gamble.

You cant polish a turd, the players are individually and collectively dreadful. He’d be a mug to take the job, especially with the current owners steering the ship onto the rocks.
The players aren’t as bad as people in here are making out, we still have a good enough squad to compete at the top of this league, but they are lacking confidence and the wrong tactics, pointless playing longball football when we have no height

Have to say I didn’t want him when JR went. But now we’ve gone down the ‘experienced’ route and it’s gone tits up again I’d be all for it. We need to try something new, cos things are only going to get worse. IMO we’re going to be in this league for a long time if there’s not a dramatic change in the club

This. I'm sick to the back teeth of experienced, so called safe bets, like Parkinson. Let's think outside the box a little. I think what we need, particularly at the moment as a club is a lift. Plus you'd imagine he'd have plenty of contacts at the club's he's been, Leicester etc, bring some loan players in. Their u23s didn't look bad when they were running rings around our first team.
all day for me,i said when we went down to the third division,the club needed a boost,not a bloody so called safe pair of hands

We’re a league one club, what’s too big about that?

We’re exactly at the level that a young manager with aspirations shouldn’t be seen as a gamble.
Except nobody else wants to gamble on him .He wont be coming here anyway,in fact nobody will till about easter or end of season

Exactly,his voice wouldnt inspire me.Also didnt come back when Quinny asked him to help us out.

His voice never inspired me too when he won the European Golden Boot. His voice is a complete reflection of his ability to do literally anything else.

No one argue with me.. SCIENCE

Last edited:

Back