SKP currently golfing with Donald at Close House. N/t

Status
Not open for further replies.

I recall seeing Phillips at the Ramside as he was packing up his golf gear just before he left us and gave his 'should have gone sooner' press conference. Wish I'd 4 ironed him.

He really wants it after being knocked back before so I’d give him it - what have the rest of the list really achieved at a big club other than Keane??

This for me. The thing Ross struggled with the most was expectations of winning every game in this league, with a club of pur size. We need someone whos experienced those kind of expectations at at least a reasonable sized club. No disrespect to Ainsworth for example but its a massive difference going from Wycombe to Sunderland.

That leaves 3 or 4 stand out candidates for me.

Pearson - Did very well at Leicester who like us would expect to win games at this and championship level.

Stendel - Experience of manging quite a big club im Hannover.

Phillips - Knows the expectations at the club and played at places like Villa and Southampton.

Atkins - Promoted from this league with Southampton. Again, a club that would expect to win every week at this level.

Taking a manager from Wycombe isnt just about their record at this level. Would they cope with the huge expectation that would come with it?

No confidence with a driver?
Always kept it straighter with an iron.
This for me. The thing Ross struggled with the most was expectations of winning every game in this league, with a club of pur size. We need someone whos experienced those kind of expectations at at least a reasonable sized club. No disrespect to Ainsworth for example but its a massive difference going from Wycombe to Sunderland.

That leaves 3 or 4 stand out candidates for me.

Pearson - Did very well at Leicester who like us would expect to win games at this and championship level.

Stendel - Experience of manging quite a big club im Hannover.

Phillips - Knows the expectations at the club and played at places like Villa and Southampton.

Atkins - Promoted from this league with Southampton. Again, a club that would expect to win every week at this level.

Taking a manager from Wycombe isnt just about their record at this level. Would they cope with the huge expectation that would come with it?

Worra loada.

Last edited:
Assistant coach for a premier league winning side, not good enough for our superstars though
He left the summer before they won the league, but agreed.

The way some are carrying on you’d think he’s retired, sat on his arse for 5 years, then decided he’d have a crack at the manager’s job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back