SKP currently golfing with Donald at Close House. N/t

I recall seeing Phillips at the Ramside as he was packing up his golf gear just before he left us and gave his 'should have gone sooner' press conference. Wish I'd 4 ironed him.

He really wants it after being knocked back before so I’d give him it - what have the rest of the list really achieved at a big club other than Keane??

This for me. The thing Ross struggled with the most was expectations of winning every game in this league, with a club of pur size. We need someone whos experienced those kind of expectations at at least a reasonable sized club. No disrespect to Ainsworth for example but its a massive difference going from Wycombe to Sunderland.

That leaves 3 or 4 stand out candidates for me.

Pearson - Did very well at Leicester who like us would expect to win games at this and championship level.

Stendel - Experience of manging quite a big club im Hannover.

Phillips - Knows the expectations at the club and played at places like Villa and Southampton.

Atkins - Promoted from this league with Southampton. Again, a club that would expect to win every week at this level.

Taking a manager from Wycombe isnt just about their record at this level. Would they cope with the huge expectation that would come with it?

No confidence with a driver?
Always kept it straighter with an iron.
This for me. The thing Ross struggled with the most was expectations of winning every game in this league, with a club of pur size. We need someone whos experienced those kind of expectations at at least a reasonable sized club. No disrespect to Ainsworth for example but its a massive difference going from Wycombe to Sunderland.

That leaves 3 or 4 stand out candidates for me.

Pearson - Did very well at Leicester who like us would expect to win games at this and championship level.

Stendel - Experience of manging quite a big club im Hannover.

Phillips - Knows the expectations at the club and played at places like Villa and Southampton.

Atkins - Promoted from this league with Southampton. Again, a club that would expect to win every week at this level.

Taking a manager from Wycombe isnt just about their record at this level. Would they cope with the huge expectation that would come with it?

Worra loada.

Last edited:

Back