Skoda Superb

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the website it looks like about 750 up front and you've got it for three years with a 10k miles limit. Decent enough IMO.

They a decent company to deal with mate? I've got a quashqai at the minute on the Nissan staff lease thing and it is a good deal but I fancy driving something a bit different cos I've had Nissans now for the last four years.
I can't imagine not being on that scheme, simply can't be beaten for what you get. I can't imagine having to pay some of the figures I see quoted for some cars.

It is shit like but is it a good car?
Pretty much this and the Octavia wipe the floor with their expensive rivals in What car reviews.Clearly Audis etc are great cars but add the price in there and Skoda come tops.Its an Audi underneath the body.Did my homework on this level recently and i opted for the Skoda,my boss thought different and he writes the cheques

I can't imagine not being on that scheme, simply can't be beaten for what you get. I can't imagine having to pay some of the figures I see quoted for some cars.
Its popular but £500 plus bills are common on handing them back.Its certainly the way things are going but if i had to own a car i'd pay 3 grand for a Focus and its mine until i need another then i sell it for half or there abouts.Those numbers sound better to me.

Last edited:
Pretty much this and the Octavia wipe the floor with their expensive rivals in What car reviews.Clearly Audis etc are great cars but add the price in there and Skoda come tops.Its an Audi underneath the body.Did my homework on this level recently and i opted for the Skoda,my boss thought different and he writes the cheques

Its popular but £500 plus bills are common on handing them back.Its certainly the way things are going but if i had to own a car i'd pay 3 grand for a Focus and its mine until i need another then i sell it for half or there abouts.Those numbers sound better to me.
Me, my dad and my bro in law have had them for years, talking 20 odd cars between us, and between us we've been charged once when the bro in law drove into a low wall and dinted the door on his last week of ownership and didn't get time to fix it himself. Look after the car and all is well.

Paying £226 for my current one, worth £2500 a year for hassle free motoring imo.

Me, my dad and my bro in law have had them for years, talking 20 odd cars between us, and between us we've been charged once when the bro in law drove into a low wall and dinted the door on his last week of ownership and didn't get time to fix it himself. Look after the car and all is well.

Paying £226 for my current one, worth £2500 a year for hassle free motoring imo.
X12 months or 11:lol: ? Plenty think the same,lad at work has had 4 Jukes through a contact and has been charged each time,mostly alloy damage and the odd scuff .

X12 months or 11:lol: ? Plenty think the same,lad at work has had 4 Jukes through a contact and has been charged each time,mostly alloy damage and the odd scuff .
Lad? Thought only women scrape alloys?

For how many months you have the car, just had to renew and picked up new car last week, payment up to £245 but haven't been asked to change it yet.

Fords are excellent mate. Can't expect a Focus, even an estate, to be that big though, its a medium-family size car
Mondeo estate should be decent though?

That is a fair point. I think the Mondeo is bigger in the back seats (there is hardly any room behind me when I drive, and the growing kids are complaining!). The boot size does not have much in it though.

Btw is just going round the doors a problem with modern diesels? Do you still need to give them a good blast once a week or so?

I'm buying one next month. Superb 2 litre tdi SE. I've had one before, excellent car.
Agree with above for a great drive try the Octavia vrs.

Btw is just going round the doors a problem with modern diesels? Do you still need to give them a good blast once a week or so?
yes, the dpf (diesel particulate filter) becomes blocked if not used up to temp and cruising now and again.

mind a blast in a petrol car now and again certainly does no harm, condensation build up in the cold, in the top end, creates milky sludge on some engines which people sometimes mistake as head gasket failure.

Diesel engines take time to get up to full operating temperature, so short journeys tend to build up sooty deposits.
also diesels run cooler than petrols.

What if you just drive like a kernt and do high revs? Problem solved. :lol:

Causes other issues in the engine. Oil temp and pressure needs to be up to not cause problems.

I have a diesel as I do long journeys to work each day. I'd get a big petrol engine if I lived close by before they all go electric.

No DPF problems with my CR170 diesel engine in my Seat, can't say for the latest diesels, it was the PD VAG engines that had DPF problems.

I've had a Superb estate for two years, 2.0 litre diesel, 140bhp and have no complaints
Leg room in rear seats is huge, which is just as well as my two boys are both over 6ft.
The boot is enormous, which is just as well with my wife's shopping habits.
Happy with performance, mid-range pulling power is good, for a large estate.
It's a personal thing but I prefer the look of the estate to the saloon and it just gives more versatility for little more cost.
Overall I would buy one again, can't say fairer than that.

Having done a search of the second hand market it looks like petrol Superb estates are pretty rare. With everyone being pretty down on diesel at the moment, Im not sure about buying one. It would do a lot of short trips too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back