Skoda Superb

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have been considering one. I have a Focus estate and when we do a camping/kyaking trip it is bursting full. I did a bit of research and pound per boot space the Superb and Octavia are the best by far. Mercedes and Audi do big ones but you really pay for it - along with a number of other very nice features.

I think it was the Merc E690 and thr Superb have the biggest boots around.

I have always bought Fords and although a lot of people have a go, I have rarely had anything go wrong. But when you look at the Focus boot size, it is actually pretty small for an estate. The Mondeo is not much bigger. In terms of pound per capacity they sit in the middle as being averagly dull. I thought they would do better. I'm away at the moment really cramming stuff in so I think a trip to the skoda garage is coming very soon

whats the up front and the term mate?

From the website it looks like about 750 up front and you've got it for three years with a 10k miles limit. Decent enough IMO.

With ling's it's usually 3 payments upfront and then if prefer to only go over 2 years. 3 at a push like.

They a decent company to deal with mate? I've got a quashqai at the minute on the Nissan staff lease thing and it is a good deal but I fancy driving something a bit different cos I've had Nissans now for the last four years.

Last edited:
Great car.

Comfortable, quiet, well-equipped, surprisingly good to drive and miles cheaper than the equivalent Passat or Audi.

I had one until last year and would happily recommend them to anyone - I had to get rid after splitting with the missus meant I needed something cheaper otherwise I'd have a new one now.

I have always bought Fords and although a lot of people have a go, I have rarely had anything go wrong. But when you look at the Focus boot size, it is actually pretty small for an estate. The Mondeo is not much bigger. In terms of pound per capacity they sit in the middle as being averagly dull. I thought they would do better. I'm away at the moment really cramming stuff in so I think a trip to the skoda garage is coming very soon
Fords are excellent mate. Can't expect a Focus, even an estate, to be that big though, its a medium-family size car
Mondeo estate should be decent though?

From the website it looks like about 750 up front and you've got it for three years with a 10k miles limit. Decent enough IMO.

They a decent company to deal with mate? I've got a quashqai at the minute on the Nissan staff lease thing and it is a good deal but I fancy driving something a bit different cos I've had Nissans now for the last four years.
Ling's has easily the best customer service of any company I've dealt with.

With ling's it's usually 3 payments upfront and then if prefer to only go over 2 years. 3 at a push like.

considering you only use the car on a weekend id borrow 15k at 250 a month and buy something a bit special as you wont be wearing it out.

6k every 2 years for a car you barely use (and a run of the mill one at that) is mental imo

Was looking at the 2.0 Diesel. £230PCM.

I had an Octavia as a hire car once a couple years back and it was a very nice drive. I was used to driving a old X Trail back then like which was a bit of a bus :lol:
Dont make them like the old xtrails anymore

I've had three Seats and now got a Golf.

All VAG's are exactly the same underneath and you know what you get when you are experienced in the VAG's brand.

The Golf I have now is a bit more plush than the Seats but feels exactly the same to drive and suffers from same issues as the Seats. (winter dashboard creaks and rubbish air con to name a few)

I would imagine the reliability is fairly equal across Audi, Vw, Seat and Skoda due to shared platforms and parts.

But because of this I'd also imagine that customer satisfaction is higher in Skoda and Seat than Vw and then Audi due to perception and higher expectations against the same reliability figures.

I've had three Seats and now got a Golf.

All VAG's are exactly the same underneath and you know what you get when you are experienced in the VAG's brand.

The Golf I have now is a bit more plush than the Seats but feels exactly the same to drive and suffers from same issues as the Seats. (winter dashboard creaks and rubbish air con to name a few)

I would imagine the reliability is fairly equal across Audi, Vw, Seat and Skoda due to shared platforms and parts.

But because of this I'd also imagine that customer satisfaction is higher in Skoda and Seat than Vw and then Audi due to perception and higher expectations against the same reliability figures.

to be fair if he is leasing reliability isn't a major factor all, you are very unlucky these days to have major bother with a car inside warranty, and even then its fixed for free and you get a courtesy car.

considering you only use the car on a weekend id borrow 15k at 250 a month and buy something a bit special as you wont be wearing it out.

6k every 2 years for a car you barely use (and a run of the mill one at that) is mental imo
2, 3 years renting is mental, but we have been over this before many times. suppose if people want to fly round in a new car every few years with nothing to show for it at the end thats up to them. its not for me like.

Superb has heated windscreen and wing mirrors.
Air con (in mine at least) was well.....superb.
Had the heated screen on my old Mondeo and it was ace.

The air con is totally fine for cooling, but its crap for dehumidifying in mine.

My last company car was an Octavia - couldn't fault it. Would have had another but they changed the specifications so I couldn't get what I wanted this time. I looked at the Superb as well - if you want plenty of space, you won't be disappointed - granted I'm a short-arse (5' 8") - but when I sat in the back I could almost sit with my legs straight out. Build quality is good, the components are VAG, and all the controls are sensibly laid out.

2, 3 years renting is mental, but we have been over this before many times. suppose if people want to fly round in a new car every few years with nothing to show for it at the end thats up to them. its not for me like.

you can get a nearly new one for 15k, cheapest 6 year olds are retailing for 8, you can see how the dealers love leasing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back