Skoda Superb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommasi

Striker
Anyone got one? What you think of it?

Got a A4 at the minute but our lease is up at the start of next year so having a sniff about to see what's available just on Lings and noticed these.

Gave them a quick Google and got good reviews like.

Got a A4 at the minute but our lease is up at the start of next year so having a sniff about to see what's available just on Lings and noticed these.

the older diesel models were bullet proof. as with most modern diesels the newer models not so. decent build quality overall, share most parts with vw/audi.

Wasn't the Octavia the car of the year or won some award a couple of years running..Skodas still have that stigma attached to them but they must be doing something right.

the older diesel models were bullet proof. as with most modern diesels the newer models not so. decent build quality overall, share most parts with vw/audi.
Was looking at the 2.0 Diesel. £230PCM.

Wasn't the Octavia the car of the year or won some award a couple of years running..Skodas still have that stigma attached to them but they must be doing something right.
I had an Octavia as a hire car once a couple years back and it was a very nice drive. I was used to driving a old X Trail back then like which was a bit of a bus :lol:

My brother in law has one, really likes it. I reckon for 230 a month you'll not get much better. It's a bit bland though, depends what you want from it.

Was looking at the 2.0 Diesel. £230PCM.

I had an Octavia as a hire car once a couple years back and it was a very nice drive. I was used to driving a old X Trail back then like which was a bit of a bus :lol:
if its new chances are you wont have any bother, and if so will be warranty work anyway. go for it.

Pay £250 for the A4 but that's only a 1.4. I was looking at the CLA Merc originally but they are like £100 more a month.

We have the Octavia estates at work. The 15 plates were great drives, excellent handling with loads of room. The new model isn't a patch on the older one. I've had a fault reported to skoda as the visibility down the near side is awful due to the rear view mirror. I nearly took a pedestrian out one evening as it blocks out so much of the front nearside. I was only driving slow and the pedestrian thought I was letting him cross. I literally couldn't see him till he was clear of the mirror. I literally turn the mirror 90deg when I get in to increase visability

Last couple of times I've looked at cars, the Superb has been on my shortlist. They certainly seem decent.

As for the comment about engines above, might be true, but its the exact same engine that you'd find in the Audi's that the OP currently has, so its a moot point really.

Roughly how much you paying for your A4 at the minute mate?

Roughly how much you paying for your A4 at the minute mate?

Just seen your post further down... :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back