Ski resorts for young kids

Anyone got any recommendations for ski resorts would be ideal for my 4 year old picking up the basics in ski school? Preferably under 2 hours transfer from Geneva.

Arinsal in Andorra would be ideal as I’ve been there before, the nursery slopes are really good. However the way the flights work out the transfer time from Barcelona is a bit of a ballache.

I’ve been looking at Flaine, as it’s very close to Geneva but would appreciate any other suggestions.

Morzine or avoriaz woukd be ideal.

Have you thought about munich or innsbruck and doing austria. The ski welt around soll, scheffau and ellmau are excellent and cheaper than france
I’ve been to Morzine before and love it. The thing is putting me off is that the main nursery slopes are in avoriaz so realistically would have to stay up there or have the ballache of getting transport up there from Morzine. The little one couldn’t manage the Super Morzine lift and then have ski the two runs to get up to Avoriaz initially.

Have you thought about munich or innsbruck and doing austria. The ski welt around soll, scheffau and ellmau are excellent and cheaper than france
Morzine/Avoriaz is ideal, Les Gets is also good for beginners.

Chamonix is close to Geneva but not great for beginners.

Aye. The Söll area is mostly gentle and not high altitude at all.
Don't go to Chamonix or Val d'Isere/Tigne.

That’s a shame. My Daughter did ski school at Avoriaz at about 4, then Whistler for the following two years, but once she joined a polar bears never had another lesson since, then also went on to race at the Ravens and Tigers.

Cracking clubs, and cheap as chips too.
Whadda yay knarr.

Our first 'proper' ski holiday was Fulpmes / Schlick 2000 - it was great for our kids. Only 30 minutes from Innsbruck. The Stubaierhof is probably the best hotel we've stayed in as well.

We went in December and it was very quiet. I would walk from hotel to take kids to ski school early and take leisurely and peaceful walk back listening to Mozart on my headphones .
:eek:

It's been like Ibiza in the mountains whenever I've gone. That's not even when Snowbombing has been on either.

:eek:

It's been like Ibiza in the mountains whenever I've gone. That's not even when Snowbombing has been on either.

Went to Bulgaria (Bansko) this year and thought that was more Ibiza like. As I said though beginning of the season must have been lucky (or not as the case may be). Might be safer to go somewhere like Zell am Ziller to guarantee more of a family atmosphere.

Back