Ski resorts for young kids

Went to Bulgaria (Bansko) this year and thought that was more Ibiza like. As I said though beginning of the season must have been lucky (or not as the case may be). Might be safer to go somewhere like Zell am Ziller to guarantee more of a family atmosphere.
My mate was heavily involved in selling apartments in Bulgaria. We never went. Make of that what you will.

My mate lost the lot, including his wife.
Ooooffff!

Luckily my mate could afford the 16k in a, not going under sort of way but cottoned on early when they said this was changing etc.

He actually got a call about a year ago from a group of solicitors who said they were getting compo, not heard if anything came of it. He wasn’t expecting owt mind.

Ooooffff!

Luckily my mate could afford the 16k in a, not going under sort of way but cottoned on early when they said this was changing etc.

He actually got a call about a year ago from a group of solicitors who said they were getting compo, not heard if anything came of it. He wasn’t expecting owt mind.
:lol:
Who, these days, falls for that shite man? Believe it or not I'm a really canny bloke in real life. I'm too nice to lay the fully deserved fuck off on most people. To be honest I also enjoy the sport but haway man, whee falls for that patter now? :lol:

Who, these days, falls for that shite man? Believe it or not I'm a really canny bloke in real life. I'm too nice to lay the fully deserved fuck off on most people. To be honest I also enjoy the sport but haway man, whee falls for that patter now? :lol:
He’s a successful businessman, was about 15 years ago now so early internet so everyone didn’t know everything.

I actually think the apartments got built just he got out early before they rinsed him of his life’s work.

He’s a successful businessman, was about 15 years ago now so early internet so everyone didn’t know everything.

I actually think the apartments got built just he got out early before they rinsed him of his life’s work.
So is my mate. He's not half Indian is he? :lol:

Searched boards and this is the closest thread. Gonna booking family ski holiday for Feb 2020. Probs gonna do some lessons before at Castleford. Any suggestions for decent family resort for beginners. Either hotel or chalet. Somewhere easy to get to from Northern airport. Cheers

Searched boards and this is the closest thread. Gonna booking family ski holiday for Feb 2020. Probs gonna do some lessons before at Castleford. Any suggestions for decent family resort for beginners. Either hotel or chalet. Somewhere easy to get to from Northern airport. Cheers

If you don't want to spend too much (although no such thing as a cheap ski holiday) we have found that Italy offers much better value than France with hotels, ski pass, ski hire and coffee on the slopes much cheaper. We are off to La Thuile later this month, 2 hour flight from Newcastle to Turin at 7.45 Sunday to Sunday. Transfers tend to be bit shorter as well depending on resort. Never had kids with us so wouldn't like to comment on which resort is better than others.

Took the grandkids to Castleford last year to see how they took to skiing (turned out they didn't really go for it). Stayed at the Premier Inn across the road which was really cheap if you are flexible on dates (and the kids are free with a free breakfast). Plenty of other stuff to do where the SnoZone is and we stopped off at the Forbidden Corner on the way back. So if you fancy stretching your ski lesson into a mini break....;)

Cheers TS. Sounds good cheers for info. Is that resort ok for families? No all night raves etc haha. What sort of transfer time is it for you?

Cheers TS. Sounds good cheers for info. Is that resort ok for families? No all night raves etc haha. What sort of transfer time is it for you?
Check out the resorts on Crystal Ski- they say which resorts are family friendly or sor beginners.

This weekend for example you can go to a family resort in Austria called Nierdau (?) with 109KM of runs, from NCL with short transfers at the other end for £389 each Half Board for 4 of you

O
Went to Pila in January and Bardonecchia in March last year. The latter is a bigger resort and there were a lot of families in our hotel. (Hotel Rive) The slopes seemed fine for kids.

No all night raves for me and the Mrs as we are both over 60 and well past that! I think transfer time was less than 90 minutes.

As I said before France seems to be most expensive, then Austria, then Italy.

We normally travel with Crystal Ski who are part of the TUI group. They do kids clubs at various resorts. Pick up a brochure from a travel agent or order one online.

Can’t beat a ski holiday when the snow is good and the sun is shining :cool:

Back