Sir David Attenborough's Dynasties

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. Nature is cruel for a reason, weeding out the weak to enable the survival of the strongest in the species.

Having been stuck out there with the little critters in horrendous conditions for months, however, I guess I would probably have done the same.
Agree to a point but the fact they’re dying out in general due to man-made global warming, we should do something to help them.

Another amazing ep last night imo, a rollercoaster of emotions- being full of rum problees helped like

Just a personal gripe I have with wildlife programs in general humanising animals. Nature is a cruel environment but it’s all part of the greater plan. We’d be better focusing efforts on not destroying millions of penguins by addressing something we are responsible for, as alluded to in the final bits of commentary, than digging a ramp to allow a handful of penguins to climb out of a hole.
I agree with your main gripe but I think every incidence should be looked at on its own merits. It was a freak occurrence that trapped the penguins rather than any of them being so weak that help meant watering down the gene pool. It wasn't as if predators would go hungry if the ramp wasn't made. But in essence I do agree with you.

When viewing this modern wonder of TV documentaries and the genius of Sir David Attenbrough, it's amazing to think that the scratters of the world begrudge (and actively avoid) paying £12.12 a bastard month for the TV licence.

I disagree. Nature is cruel for a reason, weeding out the weak to enable the survival of the strongest in the species.

Having been stuck out there with the little critters in horrendous conditions for months, however, I guess I would probably have done the same.

The counterargument to not interfering with nature is that humans are directly and indirectly interfering with nature in ways that are overwhelming species that would otherwise be going much better with nature. We need to tip the balance back in some ways

Love Attenborough but last week wasn't really a dynasty. A dynasty would be about one family, last week was just about penguins in general. Tonights already looks better.

Hyenas are kernts like !!

Love Attenborough but last week wasn't really a dynasty. A dynasty would be about one family, last week was just about penguins in general. Tonights already looks better.

Hyenas are kernts like !!

Agreed on both. Penguins were a nice group but not really a dynasty.

Red and Tartu getting a bit Brokeback there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back