Sir David Attenborough's Dynasties

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goes to show we aren’t the only ones who are full of emotions watching, even the crew are affected. I just assumed they could “switch off” their emotions while filming but Hope for humanity after seeing their attempts to assist them

I disagree. Nature is cruel for a reason, weeding out the weak to enable the survival of the strongest in the species.

Having been stuck out there with the little critters in horrendous conditions for months, however, I guess I would probably have done the same.
We do loads for nature to protect endangered species so why not these? If it was protecting them from predators I’d agree but helping them in bad weather is the humane thing to do.

We do loads for nature to protect endangered species so why not these? If it was protecting them from predators I’d agree but helping them in bad weather is the humane thing to do.
Just a personal gripe I have with wildlife programs in general humanising animals. Nature is a cruel environment but it’s all part of the greater plan. We’d be better focusing efforts on not destroying millions of penguins by addressing something we are responsible for, as alluded to in the final bits of commentary, than digging a ramp to allow a handful of penguins to climb out of a hole.

Just a personal gripe I have with wildlife programs in general humanising animals. Nature is a cruel environment but it’s all part of the greater plan. We’d be better focusing efforts on not destroying millions of penguins by addressing something we are responsible for, as alluded to in the final bits of commentary, than digging a ramp to allow a handful of penguins to climb out of a hole.
Cold hearted fucker you mate. Them penguins loved their new little staircase.

Cold hearted fucker you mate. Them penguins loved their new little staircase.
I’ve got similar gripes with people who go out on safari in the Bush and leave food out for the animals. It’s a stupid and dangerous thing to do as it encourages wild animals to become scavengers around the camps, putting both the animals and other humans in potentially dangerous situations.

I’ve got similar gripes with people who go out on safari in the Bush and leave food out for the animals. It’s a stupid and dangerous thing to do as it encourages wild animals to become scavengers around the camps, putting both the animals and other humans in potentially dangerous situations.
Yes but that’s completely different. That is stupid.

Well no because food doesn’t just appear naturally. On another day that snow might have blown a natural ramp. Fine margins but I’m ok with the ramp.
Nature blows a ramp, penguins survive is ok. Nature culling weak and/or stupid penguins by blowing them down a hole and trapping them thus ensuing the end of that gene pool works equally well.

Well no because food doesn’t just appear naturally. On another day that snow might have blown a natural ramp. Fine margins but I’m ok with the ramp.
Those dead penguins could have fed a polar bear for a whole month......

That mother who managed to scale the hill with her chick should have been kicked back down to teach us all a lesson for global warming ;)

Goes to show we aren’t the only ones who are full of emotions watching, even the crew are affected. I just assumed they could “switch off” their emotions while filming but Hope for humanity after seeing their attempts to assist them
Cool to cry on tv these days. They were even bubbling about having to go home.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back