Sir cliff Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didnt google it and my quote said exactly that. the payouts do not come from the budget. they come from a litigation not-for-profit NHS body of which the organisations pay into. However large parts of it are funded by Department of Health. Hope that helps
Dress it up any which way, it’s ultimately the taxpayer paying for it.

But a payout does not decrease funding from operational budget which was the point i have made from the start
Not in the immediate short term, but there could potentially be longer term implications. I appreciate it’s not your classic commercial insurance model, but everything will have its consequences, not necessarily immediately apparent.

Not in the immediate short term, but there could potentially be longer term implications. I appreciate it’s not your classic commercial insurance model, but everything will have its consequences, not necessarily immediately apparent.
And a £400k payout will not see the litigation costs increase by that amount either. Trusts payments have remained quite static over the years for these schemes

NHS budgets are all smoke and mirrors from DH so you may see increases for individual trusts but central funding mechanisms change to reduce the burden from somewhere else whilst increasing funding trusts in another way. In effect it Del Boy economics

Last edited:
I didnt google it and my quote said exactly that. the payouts do not come from the budget. they come from a litigation not-for-profit NHS body of which the organisations pay into. However large parts of it are funded by Department of Health. Hope that helps

They pay premiums from their budgets into a fully funded costly NHS body to run the scheme for them. Hope that helps.

And a £400k payout will not see the litigation costs increase by that amount either. Trusts payments have remained quite static over the years for these schemes

NHS budgets are all smoke and mirrors from DH so you may see increases for individual trusts but central funding mechanisms change to reduce the burden from somewhere else whilst increasing funding trusts in another way. In effect it Del Boy economics
The £400k is a drop in the ocean. The £4 million in legal costs less so. It’s more the principle than the principal (see what I did there?). All that money effectively gone to fund a new villa with a pool and tennis court for his lawyers and for what? Has anyone’s opinion about him changed? Those who thought there was something not quite right still think that, despite whatever the outcome of the case, and those who think he’s as pure as driven snow will still go out and buy his next pile of turgid crap record.

Last edited:
The £400k is a drop in the ocean. The £4 million in legal costs less so. It’s more the principle than the principal (see what I did there?). All that money effectively gone to fund a new villa with a pool and tennis court for his lawyers and for what? Has anyone’s opinion about him changed? Those who thought there was something not quite right still think that, despite whatever the outcome of the case, and those who think he’s as pure as driven snow will still go out and buy his next pile of turgid crap record.

Not a fan then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back