Sir cliff Richard

Would you feel comfortable with a child when you know that everyone around is wondering if you are a kiddy fiddler who got away with it?
Yes because unless something else comes to light he hasn't got away with anything.

If you don’t cross roads then you arnt likely to get knocked down by a car. Self preservation?
It's just a strange comment to make. He just comes across as an odd character

Just watching the interview on ITV news - he said (verbatim) - "I would rather ten guilty people get away with it than one innocent person suffer".

So ten Jimmy Savilles get away as long as Cliff is ok then. If he had been proven guilty and locked up for 5 years and then proven totally innocent I could have sympathy but it was police raid on a house while he was not even there. If the BBC had not ran the story and it turned it out he was guilty and they had sat on the story everybody would be up in arms.

I think his general point is that it’s better for guilty people to get away with it than innocent people get wrongly convicted. In fairness, it isn’t that out of line with the justice system in practice, hence why prosecutors and police have to make sure they cross every T and dot every I so the case doesn’t collapse.

Can't really air my views in public mate :lol:

I just think that there is much more to him than we know. There are too many sources of information saying too many things. The fact that the police thought it worthwhile raiding his house for a start is a bit of a giveaway, they don't do that for nowt.

I don't care what the official line is now, the police have got their suspicions and I'm not surprised as to why.

South Yorkshire police have been shown as total shithouses time and time again in the last 30/40 years.

Smearing the dead they were paid to protect, turning a blind eye to kids being raped, Orgreave and now Cliff.

Who pays the insurance premiums? What effect will these payouts have on future insurance levies?

Nothing is free in this life.
The organisation's pay them. In the NHS they are a statutory requirement for NHS trusts. Premiums are dependent on the risk rating with hundreds of factors involved. Payouts won't mean the premium increases in a similar fashion to domestic insurance or car insurance. If it is down to an error they may recoup the costs from an individual's indemnity insurance so the NHS doesn't get hammered

Can't really air my views in public mate :lol:

I just think that there is much more to him than we know. There are too many sources of information saying too many things. The fact that the police thought it worthwhile raiding his house for a start is a bit of a giveaway, they don't do that for nowt.

I don't care what the official line is now, the police have got their suspicions and I'm not surprised as to why.

PM'd :neutral:

The organisation's pay them. In the NHS they are a statutory requirement for NHS trusts. Premiums are dependent on the risk rating with hundreds of factors involved. Payouts won't mean the premium increases in a similar fashion to domestic insurance or car insurance. If it is down to an error they may recoup the costs from an individual's indemnity insurance so the NHS doesn't get hammered

....and where do you think the organisations get their money from......the tax payer of course. Of course premiums will change in the long term, if payouts exceed assumed levels.

PM'd :neutral: Or at least I would have done if your inbox had some room
Sorted

South Yorkshire police have been shown as total shithouses time and time again in the last 30/40 years.

Smearing the dead they were paid to protect, turning a blind eye to kids being raped, Orgreave and now Cliff.
I thought police were paid to protect the living?

Last edited:

Back