Sir cliff Richard

....and where do you think the organisations get their money from......the tax payer of course. Of course premiums will change in the long term, if payouts exceed assumed levels.
Ah stupid me. I didn't realise the tax payer is responsible for funding the public sector.

Premiums will not change proportionally with a payout. Levels will be quite consistent

Ah stupid me. I didn't realise the tax payer is responsible for funding the public sector.

;)

Premiums will not change proportionally with a payout. Levels will be quite consistent

Insurance companies constantly monitor the level of payouts and make adjustments to premiums if the perceived future risk changes (sometimes in a positive direction!) That is what actuaries do for a living.

Insurance companies constantly monitor the level of payouts and make adjustments to premiums if the perceived future risk changes (sometimes in a positive direction!) That is what actuaries do for a living.
That's great. NHS doesn't use someone like Aviva though

Last edited:
Exactly why I'm not prepared to.

I think I've said enough for people to catch my drift. It's only my opinion based on what I have read about him, his life, his associations and the things people have said about him.

Firm evidence? No. But I have read enough to have my own thoughts on the man. Others may and do think differently which is fine by me.
The old Michael Jackson scenario.

I refer you to my first post......nothing is free in this life...the buck stops with the taxpayer...or do you believe something different?
I have never said any different. It just seems you can't answer the question I asked you but keep making the same point 9ver and over. You would make cracking MP

I have never said any different. It just seems you can't answer the question I asked you but keep making the same point 9ver and over. You would make cracking MP

pavarotti1980 said:
"Na they will have insurance which pays compo i would imagine. I know the NHS/Police have something like that for payouts so it doesnt come from budget"

Like you, I googled it...…..

Essentially it is a NHS funded system of self-insurance, paid for by premiums paid by the various spending organisations within the NHS. All payouts must be balanced by these premiums, or subsidised directly with funding from the Dept of Health. (In other words a bottomless pit, funded fully by the tax payer.)

You would make a cracking White House spokesman......;)

pavarotti1980 said:
"Na they will have insurance which pays compo i would imagine. I know the NHS/Police have something like that for payouts so it doesnt come from budget"

Like you, I googled it...…..

Essentially it is a NHS funded system of self-insurance, paid for by premiums paid by the various spending organisations within the NHS. All payouts must be balanced by these premiums, or subsidised directly with funding from the Dept of Health. (In other words a bottomless pit, funded fully by the tax payer.)

You would make a cracking White House spokesman......;)
I didnt google it and my quote said exactly that. the payouts do not come from the budget. they come from a litigation not-for-profit NHS body of which the organisations pay into. However large parts of it are funded by Department of Health. Hope that helps

Last edited:

Back