Singers/Musicians who feature in other Singers/Bands songs?

the latter ( ex q-tips )
Sure? I was clarifying the opposite

And while Gilson Lavis’s builds in the chorus are definitely part of that unfolding, what really makes the chorus are the backing vocals, consisting of that meddling Elvis Costello and Paul Young, who would eventually join Paul Carrack in Mike & The Mechanics

The Paul Young in MatM was the one from Sad Cafe, not the 80s teen heartthrob

And while Gilson Lavis’s builds in the chorus are definitely part of that unfolding, what really makes the chorus are the backing vocals, consisting of that meddling Elvis Costello and Paul Young, who would eventually join Paul Carrack in Mike & The Mechanics

The late Paul Young 😪

got me thinking now, bloody hell , all these years....

Darryl Hall has loads of people over to his house so he can sing on their stuff and they can sing on his.

Todd Rundgren does a bit of that too. But not many people are familiar with his work and collaborators to render it meaningful to share it.

Todd’s place in Hawaii is f***ing lush like.

hold on though

Young’s earliest collaboration was in the late 1970s on Streetband’s first album London, when Ian Dury made a guest appearance on the track "Mystery". In between the Q-Tips and the launch of his solo career, Young sang backing vocals on the Squeeze single "Black Coffee in Bed" with Elvis Costello. Young's best-known musical collaboration (apart from Los Pacaminos) was his early collaboration with bassist Pino Palladino.[39][40] Palladino, who had collaborated with Tears for Fears, Go West and Gary Numan, featured on four of Young's albums: No Parlez, The Secret of Association, The Crossing and Paul Young. Palladino was the bass player in Young's backing band The Royal Family and played at Live Aid

must admit it does sound like this paul young

hold on though

Young’s earliest collaboration was in the late 1970s on Streetband’s first album London, when Ian Dury made a guest appearance on the track "Mystery". In between the Q-Tips and the launch of his solo career, Young sang backing vocals on the Squeeze single "Black Coffee in Bed" with Elvis Costello. Young's best-known musical collaboration (apart from Los Pacaminos) was his early collaboration with bassist Pino Palladino.[39][40] Palladino, who had collaborated with Tears for Fears, Go West and Gary Numan, featured on four of Young's albums: No Parlez, The Secret of Association, The Crossing and Paul Young. Palladino was the bass player in Young's backing band The Royal Family and played at Live Aid

must admit it does sound like this paul young

I go with the font of all international news, the Harrogate Advertiser - your PY himself says it was him, so you are correct!

Even wiki is wrong as when you hover over the name it says it's the Sad Cafe / MatM bloke

Paul said: "I've known Chris for years. I sang backing vocals with Elvis Costello on Squeeze's Black Coffee in Bed before I had my own hits.
"Squeeze knew me from when I was in the Q Tips. We still keep in touch."

Last edited:

I go with the font of all international news, the Harrogate Advertiser - your PY himself says it was him, so you are correct!

Even wiki is wrong as when you hover over the name it says it's the Sad Cafe / MatM bloke

Paul said: "I've known Chris for years. I sang backing vocals with Elvis Costello on Squeeze's Black Coffee in Bed before I had my own hits.
"Squeeze knew me from when I was in the Q Tips. We still keep in touch."
phew:D

I alternate my phone ring between, Leningrad Cowboys, Lips in the Hills, Sin City and Dominance and Submission.

It will be time.
Lips and Dominance - two great songs.

I`m doing a 4 page BOC Buyer`s Guide for a magazine. Finished the first draft but need to edit it down a bit for the final version.
Darryl Hall has loads of people over to his house so he can sing on their stuff and they can sing on his.

Todd Rundgren does a bit of that too. But not many people are familiar with his work and collaborators to render it meaningful to share it.

Todd’s place in Hawaii is f***ing lush like.
Love those performances:

Last edited:
Love Live From Daryl’s House. There’s a great version of ‘Sharp Dressed Man’ with. BIlly Gibbons, and ‘I Can’t Go For That’ with Ceelo Green among many others.

and also Paul Carrack sang on Squeezes ' Tempted ':D ( with backing vocals from Elvis Costello )
He was in Squeeze when i saw them, they were terrific.
Lips and Dominance - two great songs.

I`m doing a 4 page BOC Buyer`s Guide for a magazine. Finished the first draft but need to edit it down a bit for the final version.
Be interested to read that when it's published.
👍

Last edited:
Glenn Hughes, bassist and vocalist in Deep Purple Mk III in the `70`s sang the chorus on 'What Time Is Love' by KLF:

Glenn Hughes is incidentally at the Boiler Shop in Newcastle tonight celebrating the 50th anniversary of Deep Purple`s 'Burn' album.

Back