Singers/Musicians who feature in other Singers/Bands songs?

Michael Stipe used to do it all the time - I have him singing on songs by 10000 Maniacs, Indigo Girls, Billy Bragg, Kristin Hersh off the top of my head

Simon Neil of Biffy on Frank Turner’s last album

Frank Turner on The Wildhearts’ Let ‘Em Go
He did these beauties with The Golden Palominos as well....

Funnily enough I have Albert Bouchard, who co-wrote that with Patti Smith and sings lead vocals on it, on a Zoom call in a couple of weeks. He`s always good value to chat to.
His lead vocal tracks are very often my favourites on their albums, first time i heard death valley nights i was totally overwhelmed.

His lead vocal tracks are very often my favourites on their albums, first time i heard death valley nights i was totally overwhelmed.
Love that song. I think Spectres may well be my favourite BOC album tied with Secret Treaties - Fireworks by Albert is a great song from that but Nosferatu and I Love The Night are two of BOC`s best ever songs.

Love that song. I think Spectres may well be my favourite BOC album tied with Secret Treaties - Fireworks by Albert is a great song from that but Nosferatu and I Love The Night are two of BOC`s best ever songs.
Secret Treaties flows superbly, a mate at school wrote to cbs/columbia to get the lyrics, they sent an ibm line print-out in green and white about 12 foot long.
😀

Secret Treaties flows superbly, a mate at school wrote to cbs/columbia to get the lyrics, they sent an ibm line print-out in green and white about 12 foot long.
😀
I`ve heard about those and seen a couple online - that old green lined computer paper and dot-matrix type of printing.

The segue between Flaming Telepaths and Astronomy is absolutely perfect, the way they glide together.

I`ve heard about those and seen a couple online - that old green lined computer paper and dot-matrix type of printing.

The segue between Flaming Telepaths and Astronomy is absolutely perfect, the way they glide together.
I alternate my phone ring between, Leningrad Cowboys, Lips in the Hills, Sin City and Dominance and Submission.

It will be time.

Kirsty MacColl and Johnny Marr on “Nothing but Flowers” by Talking Heads. I bought the cassette album it’s from when it came out in 1988. It was only about 6 months ago I saw the video for the first time and realised Marr and MacColl featured on it 😳

Junior Walker on Urgent by Foreigner.

Bob Holness on Baker Street (yeah I know)

Everybody that was anybody in California in the late 60s and early 70s singing backing vocals on everybody else’s albums.

Ken Dodd on Hellraiser by the Sweet

Nana Miskouri on My Friend Stan by Slade.

Last edited:
I bet Dave Grohl has played on loads of peoples stuff..he has his own studio so is bound to get in on the act when offered the chance.

he had recorded with or on tracks or even entire albums
Queens of the stone age
David Bowie
killing joke
Garbage
tenacious D

plus loads more, and hes bound to have done loads of uncredited stuff as well

Back