Simon Brunton's Attack on Defoe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Think that's bollocks mind he obivosly does not like Defoe or his style of play, God knows why because he has proven himself time and time again.

But can't have just because he plays for us nonsence it's just paranoid bullshit.

There is no agenda against us

What's not to like? Defoe is a genuine striker, with instinct and a superb goalscoring ability over his career. You can't really argue with that tbh.

The argument seems like it's more about his age than anything else. Despite the fact older players have played for England.

What people seem to forget is - if Harry Kane, Wayne Rooney and Daniel Sturridge had been fit, Defoe wouldn't have even been in the argument. He got called up because of his good form this season, but also because we didn't have a great deal of options.

I firmly believe this would be much less of an issue if he played for a more fashionable team. Same reason no Stoke players get called up.

I've read some shit in my time but that is real shit.
Journalists seem to trying and outdo each other by writing articles which they think makes them look smarter than the rest. However it just makes them look like dicks.

Defoe has a better England goals per minute ratio than Shearer, Lineker, Rooney, Owen or any of the modern day strikers with one exception, Peter Crouch. Quite amazing that the two players who clearly know how to get the job done more than any of their contemporaries have spent the majority their careers at international level either as unused squad players or substitutes. The likes of Burnton couldn't give a crap about results or goals as long as the stats fit whichever European system they think England should be copying this week.

What's not to like? Defoe is a genuine striker, with instinct and a superb goalscoring ability over his career. You can't really argue with that tbh.

The argument seems like it's more about his age than anything else. Despite the fact older players have played for England.

What people seem to forget is - if Harry Kane, Wayne Rooney and Daniel Sturridge had been fit, Defoe wouldn't have even been in the argument. He got called up because of his good form this season, but also because we didn't have a great deal of options.

I firmly believe this would be much less of an issue if he played for a more fashionable team. Same reason no Stoke players get called up.

I agree with every word of that apart from the last sentence, it's paranoid nonsense IMO.

Defoe has great movement,great finishing ability and is without doubt a proven goalscorer,and should be picked.

But this agenda bollocks against us I just find it paranoid tbh.

Southgate is under pressure to get results,he will rightly or wrongly just pick a side who he thinks will get him them results,he wouldn't not pick them because they play for Stoke or Sundeland.

Last edited:
I agree with every word of that apart from the last sentence, it's paranoid nonsense IMO.

Defoe has great movement,great finishing ability and is without doubt a proven goalscorer,and should be picked.

But this agenda bollocks against us I just find it paranoid tbh.

Fair enough. Agree to disagree. I bet there's much less hysteria next season when he moves and gets picked for his new club.

People who obsess over stats, heat maps and all that shite are the absolutely the worst thing about 'modern' football.

There are quite a number of stats that tell the real story with players as there are quite a number of people who manage to see things that are pretty obviously fictitious.

Having a read of a few after match threads on here tells you that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back