Simon Brunton's Attack on Defoe

Status
Not open for further replies.

There seems to be a real agenda against Defoe being picked. They're mentioning his age despite the fact players like Beckham Gerrard Lampard Cole David James all got picked well into their 30s.

Have to say it's because he plays for us. I really don't think there's such a big deal if he plays for West Ham or Palace for example.

More obsessed with how many passes Defoe did than goals he scored. Pathetic to be so obsessed with meaningless stats - sums up many in modern football journalism.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...a-world-cup-qualifying?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

https://twitter.com/simon_burnton?lang=en

Sorry Simon Burnton not Brunton

The most important stat in foot ball is goals.

Watching sky sports last week confirmed media obsessed with stats, last week they did a feature on which team has had most throw ins, I mean who gives a fuck

There seems to be a real agenda against Defoe being picked. They're mentioning his age despite the fact players like Beckham Gerrard Lampard Cole David James all got picked well into their 30s.

Have to say it's because he plays for us. I really don't think there's such a big deal if he plays for West Ham or Palace for example.

Think that's bollocks mind he obivosly does not like Defoe or his style of play, God knows why because he has proven himself time and time again.

But can't have just because he plays for us nonsence it's just paranoid bullshit.

There is no agenda against us

Last edited:
Think that's bollocks mind he obivosly does not like Defoe or his style of play, God knows why because he has proven himself time and time again.

But can't have just because he plays for us nonsence it's just paranoid bullshit.

I think it's partly due to people wanting to get rid of the older generation and give youth a chance. We've had players like Defoe in the squad for about a decade now and he's mostly been shit for England (one goal in a competition). I understand why certain people don't want to see him back in the fold, I don't agree with it though.

I think it's partly due to people wanting to get rid of the older generation and give youth a chance. We've had players like Defoe in the squad for about a decade now and he's mostly been shit for England (one goal in a competition). I understand why certain people don't want to see him back in the fold, I don't agree with it though.

Yeah fair enough just don't think the people who don't want him in is because he plays for Sunderland.

I We've had players like Defoe in the squad for about a decade now and he's mostly been shit for England (one goal in a competition).
How many starts has he had in a tournament though?

Surely it's down to a lack of creativity in the England side which led to Defoe having so few touches. He was making the runs after all.

The fact he managed to convert one of the few touches he did have speaks volumes.

We dominated Germany for 60 mins the other night yet due to the fact we had no finishers we lost. There's a statistic this clown shoe should concentrate on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back