Silly/embarrassing things your kid have said or done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walking along Roker and pointing out to the kids where Roker Park was. Then said and that is Roker Pie shop to which the eldest said, "What does it sell? "

On a bus once, and this elderly Sikh got on and sat across the aisle. Lad leans in and asks

"Look at that mans silly hat".

Feeling a bit embarrased and sure the bloke had heard, and without wanting to get into a discussion. I said as quietly as I could.....

"Its not a silly hat. Hes an Indian and thats how they dress" (i know... i know....)

Lad pipes up at full volume.

"Hes not a proper Indian, they wear feathers" and he looks at me dead proud. Im embarrased as hell.

The old boy turns around. Looks at me and smiles then says to my son....

"Normally I do... but its a bit windy for them today".

He winked and then looked back round.

My lad then told everyone we met that day that he had met a real red indian on the bus. And repeatedly asked me if I thought he might be a chief

Last edited:
When we were going down some stairs in York Museum, there was a bull's head mounted on the wall opposite. The sign read "Pat, The Giant Bull."
Our young daughter tutted and said ....How can I reach when it's right up there? !?

Last edited:
I worked for a spell as a part time barman in newcastle. Served one bloke, who was with 3 or 4 others all stood at the bar. I was handing them their drinks and was one short. I thought one of them had taken it when i wasn't looking and was trying for a free pint, and told them that. I called the manager over and explained what had happened, and that they had taken the pint on the sly. Manager says, "who's is this pint ?" Turns out i'd stood the last pint by the till while i rang it in. If looks could kill.
But i seem to have a habit of talking shite and dropping myself in it a lot over the years.

I worked for a spell as a part time barman in newcastle. Served one bloke, who was with 3 or 4 others all stood at the bar. I was handing them their drinks and was one short. I thought one of them had taken it when i wasn't looking and was trying for a free pint, and told them that. I called the manager over and explained what had happened, and that they had taken the pint on the sly. Manager says, "who's is this pint ?" Turns out i'd stood the last pint by the till while i rang it in. If looks could kill.
But i seem to have a habit of talking shite and dropping myself in it a lot over the years.

Was your son one of the lads at the bar or something?

Three year old grandson left his bum print on the wall when he got out of the shower......Look mummy (Cheshire):oops: , a beautiful butterfly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back