Signing due today - O'Brien Confirmed

I'd prefer lads who are showing up as 'not quite good enough' for established PL cat 1 academies. These lads are usually the ones who drop down the league, recover and go on to be worth good money. Additionally, we need players who are physically able to step in, either via real pace or general stature. Otherwise they're just killing time till they get released.
IMO there are 2 types of player we should be targeting. The first is the type you have just described (although the last few of them we’ve had haven’t exactly looked like making it with us), and the other is players who have been playing non-league football and therefore should be capable of playing “mens” football. One of the biggest complaints we get about players who have only ever played in PL Academies is that it doesn’t prepare them for “proper” mens football.

All 3 have we have signed have varying levels of first team experience playing at National League level, and that’s a big plus IMO. Steels was one of York’s youngest ever players I believe and they were furious when Burnley poached him

He's a major coup for us at this level and there are one or two Championship clubs scratching their heads on how they missed him.

People need to look past his goalscorer record as it doesn't reflect his ability as a player, because he's been played out of position. Millwall fans adore him and he's only surplus to requirements because they've done so well under Rowett, narrowly missing out on the playoffs. He knows what it takes to get out of this league and has bags of experience.

The fans are going to love him. He's going to be a real cult hero here, and he'll be awesome at this level.

Well looks like you’re spot on yet again mate ;)

He's a major coup for us at this level and there are one or two Championship clubs scratching their heads on how they missed him.

People need to look past his goalscorer record as it doesn't reflect his ability as a player, because he's been played out of position. Millwall fans adore him and he's only surplus to requirements because they've done so well under Rowett, narrowly missing out on the playoffs. He knows what it takes to get out of this league and has bags of experience.

The fans are going to love him. He's going to be a real cult hero here, and he'll be awesome at this level.
Hes an absolute joke of a footballer

People keep saying we should use a statistics lead recruitment strategy.

This lad scored more goals per minutes on a pitch than likes Benrahma, Ayew, Bamford plus many many others.

Milwall fans are sad to see him leave and would have liked him to stay and play more regularly. They were two points off the Play Offs this season.

Maybe they are using a statistics and scouting properly?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

he played 650 minutes last season. Didn’t play a full 90 minutes & came on 8 times for 8 minutes or less.

Somehow I don’t think he’s got much to do with the excellent job Rowett has done at Millwall in the league above getting them outside the play offs.

He played a lot more games in 18/19 where they were fighting relegation, finished on 44 points and finished 21st.
This lad knows

I’ve no bloody idea what the issue is either. It was never my initial point. I got absolutely rail roaded on this only for it to be that he isn’t a “winger” anyway ;)

Let’s hope he is being signed because Parkinson has a clear vision about him and where he fits in, and it’s not just another “championship signing” like mistakes we’ve previously made. It’s one of the areas where we’ve gone wrong since being relegated.

I feel more reassured after the texts received tonight. He’s seemingly a good lad who we’ll like. Hopefully O’Brien and Scowen will prove their worth this season. I’m simply concerned about a transfer policy that seems to get excited about “championship” players... Let’s simply sign players who are scouted, fit a system and who we believe can do a job. I don’t give a shit if they’ve championship experience and won a promotion before

classic Parky

Back