Should the mundle start against Southampton

If we're persisting with Hemir. I'd be inclined to start with Aouchiche on the left and Rusyn on the right. I think they both look better on the ball.

I think Ekwah needs dropping. I'd prefer to see Bellingham playing deeper with Neil. Rigg has to start again.

If we play 5 at the back, one of the above would have to miss out, unless he played Rusyn up front.

The team looks better without Ekwah, Jobe or Hemir in it at the minute, and Hjelde needs taking out too. On that basis, and with the sheer lack of numbers we have available, I’d start Mundle on the right of a 3 with Rusyn through the middle

He honestly looked like he had never played football before in his life last night

I hate to write players off early but he won't be any good. Rusyn for overlooked for him and I find it baffling. Rusyn isn't fantastic by any stretch but he can control a football at least.

I hate to write players off early but he won't be any good. Rusyn for overlooked for him and I find it baffling. Rusyn isn't fantastic by any stretch but he can control a football at least.
I am the same. I am a bit of a happy clapper as far as players go, I like to see the best in them. But he just does not look like a footballer. Same as that hjelde. Funny, cos they both had canny debuts too.

Far too early to judge him, but so far he looks like somebody who’s rapid, very tricky on the ball, but doesn’t seem to have a clue what the end goal is. The last time he played on the left he came inside everytime & dropped it back to someone. No crosses, no shots. All felt a bit pointless.

As I said, early days, maybe he needs coaching around what we need to to do in those areas, maybe I just don’t understand his game yet, but it all feels a bit like all fart no shit.

Mind, I will point out I thought Clarke was poor in League One. He got better in the league above, so there’s plenty of time left yet.

Back