Shooting in a mosque in NZ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
No country will visit Pakistan to play cricket after the Sri Lankan team were set upon by terrorists. Until this day no one has claimed responsibility or been caught. Ask yourself who would have benefited from such a attack? Certainly not the Pakistani people or government. The cricket team has been unfairly punished with no end in sight. Whereas nowt will get said about NZ and they'll continue to play home. Not saying I want them banned too. Just highlighting some obvious double standards.

Plus what's all this self loathing crap your trotting out against Sonson? Reminds me if the shite they throw at nice Jews when they criticise Israel/Zionism.
He's just Wumming and best ignored.

How do you know the Bangladeshi team wasn't targeted? And who targeted the Sri Lankan team?

Yes I appreciate that there is a difference mate. But if you looked into the pak situation then it might be a bit more clearer. Take Sri Lanka. They are bezzie mates with Pakistan. They are also one of the teams who have gone back to play there. Even though they were the ones who were in the attack. Why would Pakistan do that to themselves? The amount of money they have lost. It makes no sense.

My point is shit happens everywhere. Politics shouldn't mix with sport. But the problem arises when the policies are implemented in a unfair way. Only week before last. The bcci requested the icc to ban Pakistan from the world cup and all future games because if their spat in Kashmir. Did the ICC do anything to the Indian players who rocked up to the Aussie game with nationalist military caps? No they did not. But they fined Mo Ali for wearing a save Palestine wrist band. It's the hypocrisy I can't stand.

What makes you say Pakistan can't guarantee the safety btw? Windies, Sri Lanka, Afgans,world 11 teams, plus loads of English lads who play in PSL have gone over without any bother.

Wasn't debating the possible bias etc, just that one team being in an area where others are killed isn't the same as a team bus being specifically targeted.

I dont hate my country, but nuance and complexity is obviously lost on you so you wouldn’t benefit from me explaining my disquiet with aspects of its Imperial legacy. I’m not sure how anyone not ignorant of the full picture of it can just think it’s all great benevolent stuff to be proud of.

Everything I’ve stated re The Empire is a historical fact. Given how worked up some people are at people’s right to be here when they cane peacefully and legally it’s frankly unbelievable that people think that going somewhere forcefully and without invitation is somehow fine because we did it, let alone the fact that we full-on annexed said places after we arrived. That’s my point. It’s utter hypocrisy.
I’ll put the insults to one side as I know you need to do that. Not really. I do agree with you to a point but I think there has to be a point where we draw a line under history. I understand people affected by out antics will not particularly be happy about the past but do you have anything against the Germans now? I certainly don’t. Do you think Jews owe us or the poles? I don’t. We have fuck all to be ashamed of.

No country will visit Pakistan to play cricket after the Sri Lankan team were set upon by terrorists. Until this day no one has claimed responsibility or been caught. Ask yourself who would have benefited from such a attack? Certainly not the Pakistani people or government. The cricket team has been unfairly punished with no end in sight. Whereas nowt will get said about NZ and they'll continue to play home. Not saying I want them banned too. Just highlighting some obvious double standards.

Plus what's all this self loathing crap your trotting out against Sonson? Reminds me if the shite they throw at nice Jews when they criticise Israel/Zionism.
Well that’s different then. If a team where attacked then that’s a massive difference. I doubt I’d risk getting shot for a game of cricket like.

How do you know the Bangladeshi team wasn't targeted? And who targeted the Sri Lankan team?

Yes I appreciate that there is a difference mate. But if you looked into the pak situation then it might be a bit more clearer. Take Sri Lanka. They are bezzie mates with Pakistan. They are also one of the teams who have gone back to play there. Even though they were the ones who were in the attack. Why would Pakistan do that to themselves? The amount of money they have lost. It makes no sense.

My point is shit happens everywhere. Politics shouldn't mix with sport. But the problem arises when the policies are implemented in a unfair way. Only week before last. The bcci requested the icc to ban Pakistan from the world cup and all future games because if their spat in Kashmir. Did the ICC do anything to the Indian players who rocked up to the Aussie game with nationalist military caps? No they did not. But they fined Mo Ali for wearing a save Palestine wrist band. It's the hypocrisy I can't stand.

What makes you say Pakistan can't guarantee the safety btw? Windies, Sri Lanka, Afgans,world 11 teams, plus loads of English lads who play in PSL have gone over without any bother.
That stuff about the trouble in Kashmir is ridiculous like. Never knew about that. Absolutely nothing to do with cricket.

Last edited:
Wasn't debating the possible bias etc, just that one team being in an area where others are killed isn't the same as a team bus being specifically targeted.

Whilst I'm not disagreeing mate. It was the bias that brought us to this discussion in the first place. Why can't we discuss that?

Yes the SL team was targeted. Even though no one claimed responsibility. Think there was only a pak fatality or two.

In NZ 50 plus people have been killed cos of their religion. We don't know if the banglas were targeted.

My point is you can be anywhere and bad shit can happen. Why pick on Pakistan? Cos India holds the purse strings and dicates?

I’ll put the insults to one side as I know you need to do that. Not really. I do agree with you to a point but I think there has to be a point where we draw a line under history. I understand people affected by out antics will not particularly be happy about the past but do you have anything against the Germans now? I certainly don’t. Do you think Jews owe us or the poles? I don’t. We have fuck all to be ashamed of.

Well that’s different then. If a team where attacked then that’s a massive difference. I doubt I’d risk getting shot for a game of cricket like.

That stuff about the trouble in Kashmir is ridiculous like. Never knew about that. Absolutely nothing to do with cricket.
The only people who want to draw a line under the Colonial past is the people who benefit from it. I think that’s unjust. Why don’t Btirish people just draw a line under immigration from the past 50 years and get in with it? All in the past right? And they haven’t even done anything wrong, they came here legally, done were even invited openly. But are the same people who talk about getting on with it rather than face up to the legacy of the slave tried going to get in with the consequences of completely peaceful cultural integration in Britain? Are they fuck. They dont stop whinging about the consequences.

Germany is an excellent example. They are entirely transparent about their past and have openly admitted the wrongs of their history and actively sought to make amends, rather than pretend it didn’t happen it wasn’t all that bad or ask why other people don’t just get over it.

But again that’s all as an aside. British people still benefit from their ancestors forceful emigration, so to be so angry about people coming here peacefully and legally sharing our resources while saying that our past isn’t problematic is rank hypocrisy

Last edited:
The only people who want to draw a line under the Colonial past is the people who benefit from it. I think that’s unjust.

Germany is an excellent example. They are entirely transparent about their past and have openly admitted the wrongs of their history and actively sought to make amends, rather than pretend it didn’t happen it wasn’t all that bad or ask why other people don’t just get over it.

But again that’s all as an aside. British people still benefit from their ancestors forceful emigration, so to be so angry about people coming here peacefully and legally sharing our resources while saying that our past isn’t problematic is rank hypocrisy

This mentality is a cancer to this country and perpetuates the growing anger we see, want more bombings and shootings? Subscribe to this thinking.

Minorities are being fed a diet of hate against “evil” native Brits who have done all the wrongs of the world and deserve ire as a result.

Last edited:
The only people who want to draw a line under the Colonial past is the people who benefit from it. I think that’s unjust. Why don’t Btirish people just draw a line under immigration from the past 50 years and get in with it? All in the past right? And they haven’t even done anything wrong, they came here legally, done were even invited openly. But are the same people who talk about getting on with it rather than face up to the legacy of the slave tried going to get in with the consequences of completely peaceful cultural integration in Britain? Are they fuck. They dont stop whinging about the consequences.

Mate most Indians don’t give a fuck anymore. I’m using India as an example as I know lots of them. I’m with you on immigration I don’t think it should be feared but I think we have it about right the way we handle it now.

This mentality is a cancer to this country and perpetuates the growing anger we see, want more bombings and shootings? Subscribe to this thinking.

Minorities are being fed a diet of hate against “evil” native Brits who have done all the wrongs of the world and deserve ire as a result.
That’s been my point. It does nobody any favours to hang on to this resentment.

Last edited:
Had a punter on asking if my mate had seen the video he shared
"No, not really into watching innocent people getting killed "

"its great man,he's a hero " !

I'm sorry but I vehemently disagree. It's actually the opposite. Washing our hands is exactly what's got us in this bother. The Muslims main gripe is the middle East where the biggest hypocrisy is demonstrated.

Last edited:
Really doesn't surprise me ,I think people prefer to ignore how many thick racist twats are among us everyday
Nah me neither mate.

I'm sorry but I vehemently disagree. It's actually the opposite. Washing our hands is exactly what's got us in this bother. The Muslims main gripe is the middle East where the biggest hypocrisy is demonstrated.
The Middle East is a current issue that can still be resolved peacefully despite being unlikely. We’re talking about drawing a line under the past.

Last edited:
Nah me neither mate.

The Middle East is a current issue that can still be resolved peacefully despite being unlikely. We’re talking about drawing a line under the past.

Really? Would love to hear about this peaceful resolution.

Sorry mate. Both are linked. Do you know about our history in the area and the belfour declaration?

Really? Would love to hear about this peaceful resolution.

Sorry mate. Both are linked. Do you know about our history in the area and the belfour declaration?
No what I mean is it’s a current conflict so Muslims will feel they can do something about it where you’re comparing that to us wanting to draw a line under the past.

Looking at the above really it’s a pointless discussion and I’d get nowt from continuing it so I’m finished.

No what I mean is it’s a current conflict so Muslims will feel they can do something about it where you’re comparing that to us wanting to draw a line under the past.

Looking at the above really it’s a pointless discussion and I’d get nowt from continuing it so I’m finished.

Nowt from continuing? That's up to you mate. All I'm saying is how can we draw the line when it's still relevant? You've said as much yourself.

Over a million European enslaved by the Barbary slave trade. Romans enslaving Britons. The black plaugue killing 1/3 of the European population after being brought (arguably knowingly) via trade routes.

The point I’m making is that history is filled with horrible, oppresive actions and fingers can be pointed in all directions. I am not responsible for what some people in history did and likewise I should not holds others accountable for actions taken against me by people vaguely related to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back