Sheff Wed allocation

As opposed to the top of the north stand looking class when 43 Rotherham turn up? I’d argue the North Stand would look fantastic with 2 tier home support with flags / banners etc. Further to that, how does the away end not being full look bad on us? It’s their end if they don’t sell their tickets it’s on them.
I'll never get my head around people worrying about how the away section will potentially look on telly like.

I'll never get my head around people worrying about how the away section will potentially look on telly like.
Can't understand why it bothers anyone mate. Just looks shite for the club who haven't sold their tickets.
if they had owt about them they would have put the wheels in motion years ago, as it would take a massive amount of work to get it done.

1 - move the away fans to the lower bowl somewhere
2 - move the black cats ST seats back up to the upper bowl
3 - move any ST holder in the north stand who didn't want to be part of the new 'singing section' and make sure they are happy with the relocation
4 - move all south stand ST holders to the north stand.
5 - advertise the north stand upper as an extension to the 'singing section'
5 - revise the location of the proposed safe standing sections to make the back tier of the north stand all standing
6 - give the new flags group a proper storage location at the back of the stand somewhere to store the banners and flags

steps #3 and #4 would be a logistical nightmare for the club, and given that they can't even answer a phone or sell a ticket as it stands, i doubt they've be able to organise such a move. you'd have to speak to the north stand season ticket holders in September/October in preparation, get all of their moves sorts, then speak to the south stand ST holders in Jan/Feb, and get them all moved over and sorted out, so everyone knew where they stood. they'd have to communicate it very well so people in the NEC and NWC knew what was going on.

they'd also have to quite a bit of change to the stadium with regards to moving the away end, and the south stand (i think) wouldn't work due to the new sheepfolds developments
Agree with all of that mate. The club could easily incentivise it for people in the North who do/don't want to move. Shame that we can see a way forward to this but it'll likely never be put in motion by the club.

Last edited:

i don't think people 'worry' about it, its just an observation that its very bad optics for the club. watch any footage of a normal league game from before the away end was moved and vast majority of the time the south stand had 1000s of empty seats. despite us having 40,000+ in attendance most of the time, one of the best supported clubs in world football relative to its lack of success on the pitch, yet our image being broadcast around the world is one of a half empty stadium.

and regardless of how people try to rewrite history, the atmosphere suffered because of it. yes in the big games where the entire lower bowl was sold out it would be a good atmosphere.. but that is no different to now.

75% of the time we had a block of 4000 seats behind the goal empty other than 300 swansea/fulham fans.

We despearately need away fans in the lower bowl. Just to get fans bouncing off each other. Don't care what anyone says..that's what football is all about. It has been like a morgue this season.

bollocks

if we need 300 bristol/qpr/swansea fans to generate an atmosphere in our own ground then we might as well give up

do you think that there is a vocal section of newcastles support that constantly whinge and plead for their away section to be moved pitch side?

i don't think people 'worry' about it, its just an observation that its very bad optics for the club. watch any footage of a normal league game from before the away end was moved and vast majority of the time the south stand had 1000s of empty seats. despite us having 40,000+ in attendance most of the time, one of the best supported clubs in world football relative to its lack of success on the pitch, yet our image being broadcast around the world is one of a half empty stadium.

and regardless of how people try to rewrite history, the atmosphere suffered because of it. yes in the big games where the entire lower bowl was sold out it would be a good atmosphere.. but that is no different to now.

75% of the time we had a block of 4000 seats behind the goal empty other than 300 swansea/fulham fans.
Well that was then and this is now. The atmosphere is generally shite at games and having the fans up top of our main home stand has been nothing but bother. We don't need to section off then have 4000 empty seats behind a goal. That was a decision made by the club back then and badly carried out.

If I see an empty away section on the telly I think "by, there's not many away fans travelled there today" then think nowt more of it. It doesn't reflect badly on us by any measurement.

People go on about "how it looks" every time this subject is discussed. It's barmy.

We despearately need away fans in the lower bowl. Just to get fans bouncing off each other. Don't care what anyone says..that's what football is all about. It has been like a morgue this season.
Anyone who reckons the away fans don’t help improve the overall atmosphere baffle me like. Course it improves it when you can bounce off each other. Bit of crack back and forth. It’s what makes away games atmosphere so good too.

The North stand could and should be the main home end. It looks great and could be really imposing. It was a shame when yous lot moved like as I thought it was working fairly well. The south stand might try but it just isn't the home end and never will be.

Well that was then and this is now. The atmosphere is generally shite at games and having the fans up top of our main home stand has been nothing but bother. We don't need to section off then have 4000 empty seats behind a goal. That was a decision made by the club back then and badly carried out.

If I see an empty away section on the telly I think "by, there's not many away fans travelled there today" then think nowt more of it. It doesn't reflect badly on us by any measurement.

People go on about "how it looks" every time this subject is discussed. It's barmy.

vast majority of people watching on TV don't know, or care, where the away ends are at the grounds they are watching on TV.

regardless of what you care about or don't care about, 'image' is massive in sports and in business.

we had an image of a club that had poor attendances due to one end of the ground being empty the vast majority of the time. its not a good look and does effect the club

vast majority of people watching on TV don't know, or care, where the away ends are at the grounds they are watching on TV.

regardless of what you care about or don't care about, 'image' is massive in sports and in business.

we had an image of a club that had poor attendances due to one end of the ground being empty the vast majority of the time. its not a good look and does effect the club
No we didn't have the image of a club with poor attendances. Most clubs have away allocations in the lower bowl and have empty sections. Their image hasn't been tarnished due to it. There's a weird mentality around this where people worry what others might or might not think. No one else gives a fck about our away sections at the SOL in reality.

Last edited:

The north stand has been half full for years. It looks shite. Watch any of our televised games (that isn't an exception of a near sell out). I'd rather have the North Stand full of SAFC and the away end empty if the away fans don't sell their tickets. The atmosphere at home has been severely lacking for years now (in the PL days too) and part of that is because it's a soulless bowl where the home and away fans can't even hear each other. I'm in the Roker End and can very very rarely hear away fans and the away fans go away thinking our atmosphere is shite cos they can't hear our singing end either.

No we didn't have the image of a club with poor attendances. Most clubs have away allocations in the lower bowl and have empty sections. Their image hasn't been tarnished due to it. There's a weird mentality around this where people worry what others might or might not think. No one else gives a fck about our away sections at the SOL in reality.
The north stand has been half full for years. It looks shite. Watch any of our televised games (that isn't an exception of a near sell out). I'd rather have the North Stand full of SAFC and the away end empty if the away fans don't sell their tickets. The atmosphere at home has been severely lacking for years now (in the PL days too) and part of that is because it's a soulless bowl where the home and away fans can't even hear each other. I'm in the Roker End and can very very rarely hear away fans and the away fans go away thinking our atmosphere is shite cos they can't hear our singing end either.

i'll ask yous again -

do you think Newcastle fans (or any other set of fans in world football) actively campaign to have the away section moved to a more prominent position in their own ground?

bollocks

if we need 300 bristol/qpr/swansea fans to generate an atmosphere in our own ground then we might as well give up

do you think that there is a vocal section of newcastles support that constantly whinge and plead for their away section to be moved pitch side?
Are you really comparing what we are watching to what the mags are watching?? They are on a different planet to us right now. Not a very good argument tbh. The atmosphere has been absolutely shite this season. The sol was miles better when it was first opened and away fans were down the lower.... Also, if we had any ambition..it wouldn't have "300 bristol/qpr/swansea" sitting in it.

i'll ask yous again -

do you think Newcastle fans (or any other set of fans in world football) actively campaign to have the away section moved to a more prominent position in their own ground?
I honestly couldn't care less what any other club does especially not Newcastle. If Newcastle didn't have some bizarre exception they'd be forced to anyway as away fans have to be pitchside in the PL and rightly so imo. All I'm bothered about is how poor our home atmosphere is and it needs addressing ASAP.

Anyone who reckons the away fans don’t help improve the overall atmosphere baffle me like. Course it improves it when you can bounce off each other. Bit of crack back and forth. It’s what makes away games atmosphere so good too.
...that's why people on here bang on about Leeds 'amazing' home support...99% of the time they are bouncing off the away fans at the side. The videos are on social media to prove that....it's the way football works.
The North stand could and should be the main home end. It looks great and could be really imposing. It was a shame when yous lot moved like as I thought it was working fairly well. The south stand might try but it just isn't the home end and never will be.
Totally agree mate.

i'll ask yous again -

I couldn't care less what Newcastle fans have to say on any matter tbh. You don't hear home fans of other clubs harping on about seeing away fans in the lower bowl if that's the argument.

...that's why people on here bang on about Leeds 'amazing' home support...99% of the time they are bouncing off the away fans at the side. The videos are on social media to prove that....it's the way football works.

Totally agree mate.
The atmosphere at Elland road is one of the best and the back and forth between home / away fans really helps that. I also think it's pretty shite to charge fans £30 a ticket and then stick them so far away that the players are like stick figures. Neither us, NUFC or any other team should be allowed to do it imo.

The atmosphere at Elland road is one of the best and the back and forth between home / away fans really helps that. I also think it's pretty shite to charge fans £30 a ticket and then stick them so far away that the players are like stick figures. Neither us, NUFC or any other team should be allowed to do it imo.
Also...he is banging on about what the mags think..their singing section is up there, right next to the away fans :lol: ...so that prives you need a bit back and forth.

Having no away fans in proximity just breeds apathy and contentment imo. It's human nature to not be as vocal if there's no-one trying to get the better of you or drown you out. It's just common sense.

Back