Sheff Wed allocation

So other clubs might reciprocate and we get bigger away allocations 🤷‍♂️
You get the whole end at our place, from my memory, and that goes back to the 60's , you usually fill it
One time I was at the SOL, I was seperated from you lot by some tape or summat.....Obvioisly at Roker where I visited twice, it was devil take the hindmost, and I remember retreating from what I believe was the fulwell simply because I went into the wrong end you just paid on the gate
,then we played you in the cup a couple of weeks later and I learned me lesson...
Have I imagined this from my childhood, or was there once an away following doing the conga on the old Roker end, the full 20odd of them taking part.
Luton used to do it mate, win or lose.....did it once when they brought about 60 upto Hillsborough

Last edited:

Lets face it, nobody kicked off when Mansfield Town were in the North Stand and nobody could be arsed to show up.

I've only had the opportunity to sit in my ST seat three times for a cup game in the last 5 years, and one of those was against Leicester Under 21s

That said, I dont see why we can't give a 3000 away allocation in the top tier
The players in red and white shirts didn't.

was fine for about 8 years until we dropped into league one and then some bellends from the likes of pompey and coventry started acting up
man utd had about 6k up there for the league cup semi with no issues

They chucked a flare (not a smoke bomb) down man.

Apart from the mags, games where we relegate the mags or play off semis the atmosphere has been shit for 12 years. Genuinely think we had one of the best home grounds in the country beforehand.

To get some sort of atmosphere, bar a few games the atmosphere has been crap since they went upstairs.

wouldn't make a difference. its still going to be the same set of supporters making the noise. putting the aways downstairs again isn't going to see the east or north make more noise. the north do nothing now with the aways above them
performances on the pitch make the difference and we haven't had a good home record at a decent level for years

Wolves weren't given any extra in 2018, and that's when they were going for the 100 points mark and would have easily shifted more tickets than given.

Too much politics involved with shifting fans, particularly with season ticket renewals ongoing.

Going down the leagues but York recently relocated fans to be able to sell more tickets to Chesterfield and that went down like a shit sandwich too.
They chucked a flare (not a smoke bomb) down man.

Apart from the mags, games where we relegate the mags or play off semis the atmosphere has been shit for 12 years. Genuinely think we had one of the best home grounds in the country beforehand.
I had a 6 year gap in attending games at the SoL (Wolves getting relegated in 2012). But if I search through some of my first posts on here from 2010-2011, I talk about the SoL being one of the few grounds where we were comprehensively out sung by home fans - at that time the SWC.

These days I take my lad to watch SAFC and we're season card holders in the SEC. We can barely hear away fans and I'm sure it's the same for them.

Last edited:
Wolves weren't given any extra in 2018, and that's when they were going for the 100 points mark and would have easily shifted more tickets than given.

Too much politics involved with shifting fans, particularly with season ticket renewals ongoing.

Going down the leagues but York recently relocated fans to be able to sell more tickets to Chesterfield and that went down like a shit sandwich too.
We have thousands of empty seats a week and allocate 2,000. It’s a shambles tbh. Does anyone have a ST in Upper NW?

We have thousands of empty seats a week and allocate 2,000. It’s a shambles tbh. Does anyone have a ST in Upper NW?
From where we sit in SEC, don't think I've seen anyone up there other than Mags game. What's the situation with entry and concourse segregation?

So why not 2,200? Why give them the entire north stand and the BCB?

There would be no chance in hell that they’d have offered us 6,000. I’d be surprised if they even gave us 3,000.
I think a lot of the annoyance is based on the idea ‘they’d never do this for us’

Well I disagree. Firstly, it’s entirely hypothetical. There was a reciprocal agreement for a replay if it happened. So they’ve shown their hand they can do it safely.

Secondly, people make out like this is a Sunderland thing. There were 9,000 Scousers at Old Trafford for the QF. If it’s so easy why did Man Utd not just limit it?

They'll give them the max they give everyone else because they're in a place that is not fit for purpose for away fans.
Shef wed were no bother in league 1 when we gave them a decent allocation. And one of those times we scored 5. So can't see why we couldn't. And on both occasions their allocation just continued around the Prem concourse.

Last edited:

Back