Sheff Wed allocation

Just give the Wendy's a couple of thousand, they've got their big day out coming next Sunday playing at Blackburn. Talk in the pubs is half of Sheffield are going.

I would move back to the North Stand if that happened like.
Would be class mate. Loud, 2 tier home end with all the vocal support from roker end, SWC etc etc.
Shef wed were no bother in league 1 when we gave them a decent allocation. And one of those times we scored 5. So can't see why we couldn't. And on both occasions their allocation just continued around the Prem concourse.
I think it’s because of the safety incidents since then mate. Don’t think it was as much of an issue in league one. The only safety incident I recall in league one was our own fans but I can’t be overly certain there was nothing else from away fans.

Last edited:
Would be class mate. Loud, 2 tier home end with all the vocal support from roker end, SWC etc etc.

I think it’s because of the safety incidents since then mate. Don’t think it was as much of an issue in league one. The only safety incident I recall in league one was our own fans but I can’t be overly certain there was nothing else from away fans.
There were a couple mate. Portsmouth and Coventry both threw stuff in league one, we sit in the North Stand. I'm sure there was another. But sheff wed were good craic.
On a side note, if we weren't on holiday for the Coventry game last season the bottle would've hit my daughter on the head. Absolute scum.

wouldn't make a difference. its still going to be the same set of supporters making the noise. putting the aways downstairs again isn't going to see the east or north make more noise. the north do nothing now with the aways above them
performances on the pitch make the difference and we haven't had a good home record at a decent level for years
Well I disagree, when they were in the south stand the atmosphere was much better than it is now. When you’re in the north stand you forget that they’re there as you can’t see them.

They chucked a flare (not a smoke bomb) down man.

Apart from the mags, games where we relegate the mags or play off semis the atmosphere has been shit for 12 years. Genuinely think we had one of the best home grounds in the country beforehand.
I started off in the SWC when the stadium opened and loved it, other teams who have a similar set up like Swansea and Coventry generate a decent atmosphere next to away fans

I loved it in North Stand mate when we all had season tickets there when it first opened. South Stand has never felt the same for me personally, doesn't really feel like a 'home end'. I've never been able to put my finger on why tho?

I loved it in North Stand mate when we all had season tickets there when it first opened. South Stand has never felt the same for me personally, doesn't really feel like a 'home end'. I've never been able to put my finger on why tho?

For me we need to kick that way second half at the very least. Stadium was designed for the North end to be the home end though. Changing rooms, dugouts, even the sides the teams warm up on are all designed so that it's on the North side.

For me we need to kick that way second half at the very least. Stadium was designed for the North end to be the home end though. Changing rooms, dugouts, even the sides the teams warm up on are all designed so that it's on the North side.
Yeah, i know that. We tried to get an atmosphere going for years at the back of the north stand where the boxes end...it was like having 2 heads...everyone turning round looking at us. That's why we moved eventually.

The home end is the North Stand, whichever way the club try to spin it. It was designed to be that way. Wish they'd just admit they got it wrong and give all fans an incentive to relocate there. It would be unreal. The South has the best atmosphere in the ground but agree, it doesn't feel like a 'home end'.
There were a couple mate. Portsmouth and Coventry both threw stuff in league one, we sit in the North Stand. I'm sure there was another. But sheff wed were good craic.
On a side note, if we weren't on holiday for the Coventry game last season the bottle would've hit my daughter on the head. Absolute scum.
Ah yeah! forgot about those. Absolute disgrace that they've continued to house away fans there for me like.

The home end is the North Stand, whichever way the club try to spin it. It was designed to be that way. Wish they'd just admit they got it wrong and give all fans an incentive to relocate there. It would be unreal. The South has the best atmosphere in the ground but agree, it doesn't feel like a 'home end'.

Ah yeah! forgot about those. Absolute disgrace that they've continued to house away fans there for me like.

if they had owt about them they would have put the wheels in motion years ago, as it would take a massive amount of work to get it done.

1 - move the away fans to the lower bowl somewhere
2 - move the black cats ST seats back up to the upper bowl
3 - move any ST holder in the north stand who didn't want to be part of the new 'singing section' and make sure they are happy with the relocation
4 - move all south stand ST holders to the north stand.
5 - advertise the north stand upper as an extension to the 'singing section'
5 - revise the location of the proposed safe standing sections to make the back tier of the north stand all standing
6 - give the new flags group a proper storage location at the back of the stand somewhere to store the banners and flags

steps #3 and #4 would be a logistical nightmare for the club, and given that they can't even answer a phone or sell a ticket as it stands, i doubt they've be able to organise such a move. you'd have to speak to the north stand season ticket holders in September/October in preparation, get all of their moves sorts, then speak to the south stand ST holders in Jan/Feb, and get them all moved over and sorted out, so everyone knew where they stood. they'd have to communicate it very well so people in the NEC and NWC knew what was going on.

they'd also have to quite a bit of change to the stadium with regards to moving the away end, and the south stand (i think) wouldn't work due to the new sheepfolds developments

Just give the Wendy's a couple of thousand, they've got their big day out coming next Sunday playing at Blackburn. Talk in the pubs is half of Sheffield are going.
Good opportunity taken by Blackburn to maximize revenue and pubs around the ground will also benefit. Having achieved safety by beating us and Leeds away there is no pressure on them. KLD however wouldn't know where to start in maximising revenue without upsetting the fans. Giving the Wednesday the BCB will probably improve it and if not KLD has 3 months to put it right.

Good opportunity taken by Blackburn to maximize revenue and pubs around the ground will also benefit. Having achieved safety by beating us and Leeds away there is no pressure on them. KLD however wouldn't know where to start in maximising revenue without upsetting the fans. Giving the Wednesday the BCB will probably improve it and if not KLD has 3 months to put it right.
Blackburn give anybody 7,000 - they sell bottom tier first then allocate the upper tier if required. We could’ve had 7,000 if we had the demand but it was a midweek match as usual so we only sold the bottom tier.

Blackburn give anybody 7,000 - they sell bottom tier first then allocate the upper tier if required. We could’ve had 7,000 if we had the demand but it was a midweek match as usual so we only sold the bottom tier.

we've given teams 5000-6000 in the upper tier of the north stand before, in fact i'm sure sheff wed have had that many up there before

man united and everton definitely have.

not sure how it was safe then, but not now

Could give them the upper levels of the North and West Stands, to maximise revenue.
Oh hang on!!!! the prawn sandwich brigade won’t want ruffians above them.

Back