Sheff Utd fans

Good bunch of loyal fans.
I remember years ago, probably back in the 70's. We were playing them at Roker, they almost filled the Roker End that day.
Massive turnout.

They've got a decent loyal fan base but less than Sunderland...had empty seats for the play off semi, though I was in the Sheff U end that night

Great club. Academy output is as good as any club the past decade. Walker, Maguire, Brooks, DCL, Lowton. Bramall Lane is a great away day
One of my favourite grounds. Had some fun down there over the years.
1999. Bridges taking piss and missing a pen for his hat trick. Great day out
Except for Sunderland Sheffields my favourite city in England. Proper northern city but quite hippyish so decent place for a night and great for vegan bait for dissadents like myself. Produces its fair share of sports people( Root, Kell Brook, jess ennis, Vardy, Gordon Banks) and music. Used to live in Hope and commute into Sheffield. Happy Days

Last edited:
Wednesday brought a few up in the 70's too, and were in the Roker.
I remember one of their lads was a black lad with a stump of an arm. He had a scarf tied to his stump.

They used to have s lad called Sammy who they would hoist in the air.
I am led to believe he had polio as a kid which left him disfigured.
To say he looked a little frightening would be an understatement. They were the big boys in the late 70’s in the Lower leagues.

Good bunch of loyal fans.
I remember years ago, probably back in the 70's. We were playing them at Roker, they almost filled the Roker End that day.
Massive turnout.

we rarely played them in the 70s or 80s and looking at attendances on the stat cat, this story just doesn’t add up.

it could only possibly be 1989, when they had Deane and Agana up front, but even then they only got the main stand third of the Roker End

Back