Shaun Elliott

Status
Not open for further replies.

First saw him playing for the reserves on one of my few trips from Wakey to see them. He looked a full trier & feared nowt.

Didn't change as he progressed

Wish he was around now tbh

Opened the door to his Father in Law whilst wearing a short robe and trying to shield two naked young females from his view ...... apparently:cool:

Elliott, Stan, Rowell and co, midweek match, clock stand paddock, pie, bovril, Roker Roar, good banter with away fans in Roker corner, happy days compared to the utter tripe of a bunch of lazy mercenaries on millions a year sitting down on a plastic seat watching souless football where the players don't give a toss about the region or the colours. Which is why I no longer pay my hard earned cash to watch these tossers.

Probably true, but my memories are a little clouded with time and I just watch some proper dirty shite that he did. Obviously, the creators of clips are a little biased.
He tells a canny tale on an Irish podcast of playing for Boro vs Leeds as a young feller and leaving a bit in on Johnny Giles...which was paid back with interest later on! And that taught to him to, in his words, "pick my battles a bit smarter"...

Yep, gangly near post heading flick on genius that he was

Saw him come on as sub at Charlton and win the game. What a f***ing nasty day that was, cockney bastards
Had a mate who was in the army and had to get back to Southampton (Marchwood ) after the game. Got spyed on the train heading south and got the fuck kicked out of him by said cockney bastards.

See you've set me off now. Drawing at Norwich ( get Bobby Kerr on the pitch we all chanted) he came on we got the equlizer. Then the Everton game and that cheatin Jimmy Hill.
Super Mel's goal in the Roker end against Arsenal when he controlled it on his chest and lashed it in.
Being dead and buried until we beat Bristol City on the Friday night. Rowell, Arnott and Shaun Elliot breaking in to the team. The West Ham, West Brom and Boro games.
What could have been.
1st game in the Fulwell on the Friday night v Bristol. 3 scarfs and Doc Martin's felt the Billy bollocks. What came after in those 3 games was beyond joy.

Shaun lived across the road from me when I lived (Black ops) in Northumberland. Would pop his head in occasionally on his way home on a Friday night. Canny lad but fanny crazy.

Last edited:
I wasnt lucky enough to see shaun elliott play but ive heard good things can someone compare him to a modern player or even a player of the last 10-20 year? What was his style? What did he bring to the team?

I understand that will be tough because the modern player is more techincal and the hardman footy player seems like it is extinct now.

I wasnt lucky enough to see shaun elliott play but ive heard good things can someone compare him to a modern player or even a player of the last 10-20 year? What was his style? What did he bring to the team?

I understand that will be tough because the modern player is more techincal and the hardman footy player seems like it is extinct now.

A cultured centre half/midfield player with steel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back