Shaun Elliott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Great player
Agreed, but I always preferred Stan. Consider myself very lucky to have supported us when players were allowed to tackle and you could stand with your mates at Roler Park. Nothing like the nostalgia of matches on Tuesday nights, or floodlights on a Saturday afternoon.

When i think about Shaun Elliott I always remember him playing against Liverpool.

Last edited:
Agreed, but I always preferred Stan. Consider myself very lucky to have supported us when players were allowed to tackle and you could stand with your mates at Roler Park. Nothing like the nostalgia of matches on Tuesday nights, or floodlights on a Saturday afternoon.

When i think about Shaun Elliott I always remember him playing against Liverpool.
I thought he would play for England.

Ouch !
Souness alert.

Memories of Brunton Park and John Cooke caught him late he looked saw who it was. 10 mins later cut John in half. Still flinch now thinking about it. Same game 1 Sunderland fan tried to take on the entire cumbria police force on the pitch

My grandad followed the lads until his early 90's, had a season ticket from the 50's until the Reid years. Just before he died he was telling me loads of his best memories following the lads and he recalled Elliott as his favourite ever player. I'm too young to have seen him but the bloke gets my respect for that... he did however say he wasn't sure why as he wasn't that good :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back