Sharm el Sheik in February?

The sand dunes are amazing there as well. We headed from Windhoek out to Walvis Bay. I'd like to go up the Skeleton Coast if I get chance to go back again.

We saw them test driving a new Jag and Merc on the Kalahari Highway when we were heading across the Trans-Kalahari Highway to Botswana, all fake body panels etc. but the bloke I was with works in the automotive industry so knew what they were.

You just have to watch out for the cows on the roads :lol:

Namibia and the skeleton coast are on my list to visit, the wife went years ago before I met her and raves about it. She has been all round Namibia and South Africa

I bet they don't show you this in the Namibian holiday brochures? (around the 1 min 25 secs mark if you can stomach it). They are brutal, barbaric bastards.

:evil:

All Namibians? I've met loads, and not one of them was killing a seal.

If you want to attach a brutal, barbaric story to that country, I'd start with the Herero and Namaqua genocide by the Germans.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38530594

Are you proposing that holiday brochures should include any local instances of animal cruelty? And what about animal on animal cruelty? I saw an impala get eaten alive by lions - the brutal, barbaric bastards. They had its back legs off and it was still trying to get up.

All Namibians? I've met loads, and not one of them was killing a seal.

If you want to attach a brutal, barbaric story to that country, I'd start with the Herero and Namaqua genocide by the Germans.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38530594

Are you proposing that holiday brochures should include any local instances of animal cruelty? And what about animal on animal cruelty? I saw an impala get eaten alive by lions - the brutal, barbaric bastards. They had its back legs off and it was still trying to get up.
Wow, an impala getting eaten by lions? Who would have thought that would happen in the natural world? :rolleyes:

Gangs of cunts clubbing seals is not the natural world. Anyway, of course I didn't mean all Namibians. I meant the ones killing the seals are brutal, barbaric bastards but hey, if you want to take things out of context fill yer byutts.

Wow, an impala getting eaten by lions? Who would have thought that would happen in the natural world? :rolleyes:

Gangs of cunts clubbing seals is not the natural world. Anyway, of course I didn't mean all Namibians. I meant the ones killing the seals are brutal, barbaric bastards but hey, if you want to take things out of context fill yer byutts.

At what point did people stop being part of the natural world?

Are you against, say, hunter-gatherers hunting? Is the problem industrialised killing? In which case, are slaughter houses brutal and barbaric, and should they be included in holiday brochures?

At what point did people stop being part of the natural world?

Are you against, say, hunter-gatherers hunting? Is the problem industrialised killing? In which case, are slaughter houses brutal and barbaric, and should they be included in holiday brochures?
Perhaps if I'd put a ;) after my comment about holiday brochures or maybe even *sarcasm then you wouldn't be taking it so literally. I am not against hunter-gathering (some African tribes have no other way to survive) but surely you cannot be comparing clubbing seals to hunter-gathering? They are doing it to profit from the seal pelts and not to feed off seal meat.

And before you slavver on any further, I am NOT against people going on holiday to Namibia, far from it. The more people who holiday in Namibia, the more their tourism industry will boom. This would mean the locals could see they can make more money from tourism as an alternative to clubbing seals to make a living from their pelts.

Went to Egypt three or four years ago, the kids picked it, although it was nice I would never go back.
The Egyptian folk were terrible, especially in that god forsaken market that stinks of burning shite.
I'm the king of Egypt as well because I won mr Egypt in the hotel.
Shit hole.

You must have a peg like a knotted bath towel .

Didn't realise they'd resumed flights to Sinai mind. That's great news for the tourist industry there if true. Lots of dive operators have been really struggling recently.

I'd be tempted to look at Hurghada and Marsa Alam myself (mainly because they're nicer than Sharm anyway, and the diving is brilliant). Never been this time of year, went to Dahab in april and it was roasting (30) but the water will still quite cold to dive in.
Just booked a week to Marsa Alam £360 A/I, can't wait.
Thomas Cook Says Terror Slump Over as Tunisia Bookings Jump

Last edited:
Daughter, husband and bambino are cruising the Med. at the moment and were in Morocco today. They felt very intimidated by a few hostile crowds and returned to the ship sharpish.

Daughter, husband and bambino are cruising the Med. at the moment and were in Morocco today. They felt very intimidated by a few hostile crowds and returned to the ship sharpish.
Cruise ships always go to the shit cities. Loads of tourists bring loads of twat sellers.

Stop cruising and go to proper towns and cities instead. :)

Back