Sharm el Sheik in February?

The FCO advice states that Sharm itself is safe to visit, it's just the airport that is not safe as far as they are concerned even though a British delegation sent out by the FCO reported back that they considered the airport as safe.
There are indirect flights to Sharm via Istanbul from Manchester and Edinburgh with Turkish Airlines but you need to get in quick before the prices rise and they fly every day of the week. I've been using them for the last couple of years to go to Hurghada.
The exchange rate is very good at the moment in Egypt at 22LE to the £ whereas it was only 13LE to the £ when I was there in August. A half litre of beer cost me £1.20 in August and it only cost me 73 pence a couple of weeks ago.

Yep they have now dropped the direct flights again
So have booked myself in Hurghada
Managed to get a direct flight out from easy jet (the horror) and a flight back to Heathrow with a little stop in Cairo which will be nice for breakfast.
Going Friday £279 A/I really looking forward to it.

The FCO advice states that Sharm itself is safe to visit, it's just the airport that is not safe as far as they are concerned even though a British delegation sent out by the FCO reported back that they considered the airport as safe.
There are indirect flights to Sharm via Istanbul from Manchester and Edinburgh with Turkish Airlines but you need to get in quick before the prices rise and they fly every day of the week. I've been using them for the last couple of years to go to Hurghada.
The exchange rate is very good at the moment in Egypt at 22LE to the £ whereas it was only 13LE to the £ when I was there in August. A half litre of beer cost me £1.20 in August and it only cost me 73 pence a couple of weeks ago.
Can't wait to get that sun on my back, and That food and drink for £279 what's not to like.

Back