Sharm el Sheik in February?

This is an article from "Ahramonline" an English language website based in Egypt.
UK Minister of State for Security Ben Wallace discussed with Egyptian officials means of bolstering security cooperation with Egypt and the resumption of direct flight from the UK to Sharm El-Sharm during his two-day visit to Cairo, which concluded on Tuesday, the UK embassy said.

Wallace visited Cairo International Airport to inspect new security measures put in place by Egyptian authorities, the UK embassy told Ahram Online.

In late 2015, the UK, along with a number of other European countries, suspended passenger flights to Sharm El-Sheikh over security concerns shortly following the deadly crash of a Russian passenger plane after taking off from Sharm El-Sheikh airport.

“The resumption of flights between the UK and Sharm El-Sheikh is a priority to both countries,” Wallace said, adding that the UK is keen on boosting security and counter-terrorism cooperation.

Wallace's trip is the first in series of planned visits by UK ministers in 2017.

Egypt has implemented steps to tighten security at its airports in the last several months.

A number of European countries, including Germany, Turkey and Belgium, have recently resumed direct flights to the popular South Sinai tourist destination.

Meanwhile, Russian officials have said Moscow would resume its flights to Egypt some time soon

This is an article from "Ahramonline" an English language website based in Egypt.
UK Minister of State for Security Ben Wallace discussed with Egyptian officials means of bolstering security cooperation with Egypt and the resumption of direct flight from the UK to Sharm El-Sharm during his two-day visit to Cairo, which concluded on Tuesday, the UK embassy said.

Wallace visited Cairo International Airport to inspect new security measures put in place by Egyptian authorities, the UK embassy told Ahram Online.

In late 2015, the UK, along with a number of other European countries, suspended passenger flights to Sharm El-Sheikh over security concerns shortly following the deadly crash of a Russian passenger plane after taking off from Sharm El-Sheikh airport.

“The resumption of flights between the UK and Sharm El-Sheikh is a priority to both countries,” Wallace said, adding that the UK is keen on boosting security and counter-terrorism cooperation.

Wallace's trip is the first in series of planned visits by UK ministers in 2017.

Egypt has implemented steps to tighten security at its airports in the last several months.

A number of European countries, including Germany, Turkey and Belgium, have recently resumed direct flights to the popular South Sinai tourist destination.

Meanwhile, Russian officials have said Moscow would resume its flights to Egypt some time soon
Kiev are running regular flights to Sharm too.
Still wondering why The Gambia and a 3,500 mile flight to Sharm is relevant.

I always like to go somewhere hot in feb/Mar as that is when the dark and cold begin to kill me.

I've done Cape Verde and Canaries. I wanted to do Gambia but can only find flights on a Thursday.

So will Sharm be warm enough to enjoy a swim in mid Feb?

I remember telling you about our Cape Verde experience before.

If you're ok with long flights what about NZ or Oz? We've been to Hamilton, NZ a few times, Easter was good, January beautiful. Our friends from there want to come here next Christmas for a white Christmas and to see an SAFC Premier League game. Good luck on both counts!

Air New Zealand have flights to Auckland for £750 return if you book by 31 JAN and fly by some time in March. PM if you want me to forward the email.

I'd love to try the Gold Coast at this time of year. Meant to be cracking weather.

I remember telling you about our Cape Verde experience before.

If you're ok with long flights what about NZ or Oz? We've been to Hamilton, NZ a few times, Easter was good, January beautiful. Our friends from there want to come here next Christmas for a white Christmas and to see an SAFC Premier League game. Good luck on both counts!

Air New Zealand have flights to Auckland for £750 return if you book by 31 JAN and fly by some time in March. PM if you want me to forward the email.

I'd love to try the Gold Coast at this time of year. Meant to be cracking weather.
Thanks Cape Verde was good but NZ is too far to fly for 7 nights.

I know some Eritreans from a restaurant in London.
Over the years they have persuaded about 50 people to go there and have a great picture book done by one of his brothers, the architecture looks amazing.
But, to me at least, there doesn't seem to be much else to see in the country, whereas neighbouring Ethiopia has loads.
National Parks, amazing scenery, really historic churches and a Camelot type castle, so in that area, that's where I will go next.
It can easily be combined with a trip to Kenya.
Have been to quite a few African countries, and go for different reasons.
Gambia is just for the beach.
Broadly speaking, in sub Saharan Africa, apart from say the ruins of Zimbabwe, and a lot of colonial architecture, there is not much to see of architectural value.
That is a sweeping generalisation like.
Also, so is this.
It is generally unsafe, expensive and the food is poor.

However much of the scenery is magnificent and the National Parks are by far and away the best in the world.

Did you stay at Sanyang?
There was a few people just finished that when I was.there one time?

No stayed just outside of Banjul. Tiny little backstreet hostel/hotel thing.

I always like to go somewhere hot in feb/Mar as that is when the dark and cold begin to kill me.

I've done Cape Verde and Canaries. I wanted to do Gambia but can only find flights on a Thursday.

So will Sharm be warm enough to enjoy a swim in mid Feb?
Its a blast there at the minute... nee Russians, 50% occupancy in hotels. Giving holidays away is Egypt.

Its a blast there at the minute... nee Russians, 50% occupancy in hotels. Giving holidays away is Egypt.
Plenty of Ukranians there, and at £279 for a week A/I what's not to like. With a championship golf course thrown in as a bonus. Madinat Makadi Golf resort, well recommended.

Plenty of Ukranians there, and at £279 for a week A/I what's not to like. With a championship golf course thrown in as a bonus. Marinated Makadi Golf resort, well recommended.
I have a good friend and colleague who,like me works in aviation. He has recently returned from Sharm and Cairo Al-Matr airport after carrying out audits for IATA with EygptAir. Enjoy.

One I'd still thoroughly recommend is Namibia: desert, one of Africa's greatest parks (Etosha), German architecture (especially in Swakopmund), abandoned towns (Kolmanskop, near Luderitz, is one of the eeriest places you can imagine), and even a world class canyon (Fish River Canyon). Still reasonably safe and easy to get around (once you've mastered driving on gravel - if you don't flip your vehicle and kill yourself in the first couple of days, you've mastered it.)

Fish River Canyon:
Logon or register to see this image
I bet they don't show you this in the Namibian holiday brochures? (around the 1 min 25 secs mark if you can stomach it). They are brutal, barbaric bastards.

:evil:

Back