Sharm el Sheik in February?

Status
Not open for further replies.

as I say they got for 3 of them all inclusive with flights fro about a grand a person for a week

I always like to go somewhere hot in feb/Mar as that is when the dark and cold begin to kill me.

I've done Cape Verde and Canaries. I wanted to do Gambia but can only find flights on a Thursday.

So will Sharm be warm enough to enjoy a swim in mid Feb?

Full of scratters but the water temp should be OK.

I always like to go somewhere hot in feb/Mar as that is when the dark and cold begin to kill me.

I've done Cape Verde and Canaries. I wanted to do Gambia but can only find flights on a Thursday.

I suggest you read this thread before you consider the Gambia: https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/gambias-dictator-defeated.1303521/ It initially looked as though there'd be a peaceful transition of power after the elections, but it's all gone pear-shaped. This is the current FCO advice:

Still current at:
8 January 2017
Updated:
6 January 2017
Latest update:
Summary – the result of the 1 December 2016 Presidential election is being contested by the current President (Jammeh); there’s a risk of possible unrest as the scheduled handover date of 18/19 January 2017 approaches; this could include Banjul International Airport being closed at short notice; you should follow events closely, keeping in regular contact with your tour operator and airline and continue to monitor travel advice and social media updates in the run-up to the handover in case tensions rise and the current deadlock isn’t resolved; avoid large crowds and avoid discussing politically sensitive topics in public.

Right now, I wouldn't touch Egypt with a barge poll. I suspect others have said the same.
Greece might be ok. Crete possibly?

it will be hot, I went in december some years ago and it was boiling, you may see my name in the camel bar in naama bay if you go

i was there one xmas (before it was popular with the proletariat riff raff) and the weather was great and the sea temp was spot on...

shame about the russians though

Sharm is a total shithole, seriously, do not go there.

Went to Hurghada in February to the Jazz Aquamarine.

Heated pools and a very shallow slope into the sea, sea was lovely and warm.

Temps mid to high 20s and didn't see a cloud for a week.

Due to previous experiences in Sharm did the slightly embarrassing thing of never leaving the hotel for a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back