Sgt Blackman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bollocks. It's clear as day that he broke every rule in the book. The rules that are meant to make us "better" than the Taliban/Al-Queada etc. He pretty much made himself as bad as them in doing what he did. A good soldier would have not done what he did.

A good soldier would think of his men first, which he did. If he called in the Casevac to a dying foe, he would've compromised their position, as the Taliban were closing in. The man served 6 Active tours within 14 years to places like Northern Ireland, Iraq and Afghanistan so it's no shock he was suffering PTSD seeing your mates being shot or blown up. Do I agree with what he did? Not really. Do I blame him? Absolutely not.

Going by his apparent mental state...everyone.
Thanks for your expert opinion, I'm sure you won't mind if I disregard it. After all, wiser heads than mine have done the same as he wouldn't have been released otherwise.

So if/when the same thing happens to British soldiers, the patriots among us would have no problem with that?
Far worse things have happened to wounded British soldiers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Worse than being executed?
How about tortured, dismembered and having their body parts hung from trees as a warning to their colleagues.
Google is your friend if you are interested, however I suspect you aren't.

No I am not.

But Marine A is just as bad as the people who do the above.
Whee? You clearly have no concept of British Soldiers on Ops, it's a shame you let your personal views cloud your judgement.

Yes he is.

Suspect it won't be long before he's banged up again if executing someone is the answer when he's "stressed"
Fancy a wager on that? I suspect you'll say no.

Disgraceful that this sub-human piece of shit is going to get his freedom. What a shameful day for this country. And it appears likely that he wasn't the only one who was commiting crimes.
The comments from his commanding officer are shocking and revealing:

Lee claimed 42 Commando’s J Company was guilty of abuse and mistreatment of Afghan nationals. He did not spell out what the abuse was except for saying that on one occasion, after it had lost two popular marines, J Company men kicked a farmer.

On another occasion, J Company, which consisted of about 200 marines, prepared a compensation claim for a group of Afghans with little English. They were told to present it to another company – W. When a W Company marine opened the claim it simply read: “I am a gay ****.”

Lee said J Company was employing a “very high level of violence” through the heavy use of mortar bombs when minimum force was meant to be the order of the day. He claimed a senior officer who visited J Company described it as “psychologically defeated, bereft of ideas, unpredictable and dangerous”.

In September 2011, eight days before the Blackman killing, Lee became commanding officer of J Company because of a reorganisation. By that time, he said it was “completely out of control”.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...pany-was-out-of-control-claims-former-comrade

This should not be swept under the carpet. If scum like Blackman and co were rampaging through my neighbourhood then I'd join any militant group going, no matter how extreme. No analysis of the victim murdered in his own country and his family has been carried out by our press though, although what else would you expect? Instead all sympathy is reserved for the murderer, and all to justify the outrageous decision to release him.

Yet again British armed forces personnel have utterly disgraced themselves. This must not be the end of the matter. There must be an immediate inquiry into the behaviour of Blackman's entire company. Anyone else who is found to have committed crimes must be brought to justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back