Sgt Blackman

Status
Not open for further replies.

So if/when the same thing happens to British soldiers, the patriots among us would have no problem with that?

What the fuck had that got to do with anything :lol:.

Argument for arguments sake comes to mind pal.

If that had been Osama Al Muhammed shooting a British soldier in the head the people saying Sgt Blackmam did nothing wrong would be marching down Chester Road singing send the buggers back.

That is quite an accusation. The circumstances would definitely be different if that had happened on the streets of London however i urge you to remember this incident took place in a WARZONE.

What the fuck had that got to do with anything :lol:.

Argument for arguments sake comes to mind pal.
Is it shite. If that situation was reversed we'd be f***ing disgusted.

That is quite an accusation. The circumstances would definitely be different if that had happened on the streets of London however i urge you to remember this incident took place in a WARZONE.
I'm talking about a warzone, not London.

Wounded soldier with some Muslim bloke saying "Be gone from this mortal coil infidel" before giving him a shot in head?

Nobody would be defending that Muslim on here.

Last edited:

Wounded soldier with some Muslim bloke saying "Be gone from this mortal coil infidel" before giving him a shot in head?

Of course they wouldnt be defending him, that isnt the point here.

The point is in my previous post. I personally think SGT Blackman did the right thing. Do not forget this was in a war and terrible / unspeakable things happen in war, there often is not chance for rational behaviour.

From a soldiers point of view, he'd expect it, they don't follow the same rules,it's not a conventional war. From a civilian view, I'm sure they would be alsort said.

Of course they wouldnt be defending him, that isnt the point here.

The point is in my previous post. I personally think SGT Blackman did the right thing. Do not forget this was in a war and terrible / unspeakable things happen in war, there often is not chance for rational behaviour.

Terrible, unspeakable, not rational.....But did the right thing.... :confused:

I don't feel your post is all that rational.

Terrible, unspeakable, not rational.....But did the right thing.... :confused:

I don't feel your post is all that rational.

Use whatever way of words you like to suit your agenda. I have made my opinion on the matter perfectly clear. This happened during a war in a warzone. You dont know what couldve been going through the SGT's head at that moment or what pressure / stress he was under. Reading this thread and speaking to many people i know personally who are serving i know there are many who share this opinion.

This will be my last post on the matter.

You need to work on your people skills.
Maybe so, he makes a valid point, it's a unique situation and if you haven't served in a war zone I would suggest that it's difficult for anyone to understand.

I'm sure I'm not best placed to question your profession.

Maybe so, he makes a valid point, it's a unique situation and if you haven't served in a war zone I would suggest that it's difficult for anyone to understand.

I'm sure I'm not best placed to question your profession.

But he was convicted by a military trial, originally? So it's not as if it's just people from the outside judging him. He was judged by his own and they agreed what he did was wrong?

But he was convicted by a military trial, originally? So it's not as if it's just people from the outside judging him. He was judged by his own and they agreed what he did was wrong?

If you look at it black and white, you can come to the decision that it was wrong.

However, in the situation he was in things are not so black and white.

I'm military, and initially I thought 'oh, he was wrong and rightfully convicted', however seeing the facts and the situation he was in has changed my opinion.

If you look at it black and white, you can come to the decision that it was wrong.

However, in the situation he was in things are not so black and white.

I'm military, and initially I thought 'oh, he was wrong and rightfully convicted', however seeing the facts and the situation he was in has changed my opinion.

Personally manslaughter due to diminished responsibility seems a pretty sensible outcome.

In any normal circumstance it would be murder, but given his mental health and the environment he was in, manslaughter as diminished responsibility seems pretty reasonable. Even if you think that shooting the taliban member was acceptable (I don't) he should be punished on the basis of the damage his actions causes the UK and our armed forces. Unnecessary killings like that are a PR scoop for extremists.

If that had been Osama Al Muhammed shooting a British soldier in the head the people saying Sgt Blackmam did nothing wrong would be marching down Chester Road singing send the buggers back.

Exactly this. A complete kettle of fish when one of "Her Maj's" loyal servants do it in her name. As soon as one of "them" do it, they're all crying "scum".

Use whatever way of words you like to suit your agenda. I have made my opinion on the matter perfectly clear. This happened during a war in a warzone. You dont know what couldve been going through the SGT's head at that moment or what pressure / stress he was under. Reading this thread and speaking to many people i know personally who are serving i know there are many who share this opinion.

This will be my last post on the matter.

It's not a way of words, it's me pointing out the contradictory nature of your argument.

He could have done the right thing. He could have done something wrong with mitigating factors (I would argue this is the case). He could have been a murderer.

You're arguing that he did the right thing that was also terrible, unspeakable and not rational but was justified because of the stress of the situation. I find that argument contradictory.

I'm glad he was released and feel there were mitigating factors that meant the original sentence was extremely harsh.

That has no relevance to my post whatsoever.

Exactly this. A complete kettle of fish when one of "Her Maj's" loyal servants do it in her name. As soon as one of "them" do it, they're all crying "scum".
You'll be able to give me some quotes on this then won't you?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back